Could this be the new Nexus 6?

eggantom

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I think I get the metaphor...they're both curved.

3 f IV

That's not a metaphor. LG, while developing Flex, took inspiration from hip flasks because they are specifically designed to fit into a pocket. Ergonomics, kinda.
The idea isn't bad, but personally I prefer my devices traditionally straight.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My sources say this will be the new Nexus 6.

shoephone.jpg

Between Google Glass and the Nexus 6, their goal is to fit you head to toe.

Last edited by a moderator:

nra_luke

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I have never owned a nexus device. My two last phones were the galaxy s3 and (currently) the galaxy s4. I don't believe that the nexus 6 is the last of the series. I do believe that it would be beneficial if Google partnered with LG, Samsung, and Motorola (or various other big companies) to make a nexus device every year. LG has done a beautiful job, but maybe Samsung could do better. Maybe Motorola could do better than Samsung. I just believe that Google could bring diversity to the vanilla market lineup. Maybe even a phablet version halfway through each year. The Galaxy Note line is extremely successful.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Why did companies crazed about these "flex" smartphones???
I still don't get the "better ergonomics" part, but the they look awful! Stop turning devices into hip flasks!!!

LOL! I guess they don't want people braking their phones when they sit on them and believe that shape will help. 😃

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I have never owned a nexus device. My two last phones were the galaxy s3 and (currently) the galaxy s4. I don't believe that the nexus 6 is the last of the series. I do believe that it would be beneficial if Google partnered with LG, Samsung, and Motorola (or various other big companies) to make a nexus device every year. LG has done a beautiful job, but maybe Samsung could do better. Maybe Motorola could do better than Samsung. I just believe that Google could bring diversity to the vanilla market lineup. Maybe even a phablet version halfway through each year. The Galaxy Note line is extremely successful.

I totally agree with that.👆

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Sammy and LG have each made two, as has HTC if we include the G1 (not a nexus but first android device). So the diversity is there, though I'd also like to see it move on to moto or another partner for the next batch.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

nra_luke

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Sammy and LG have each made two, as has HTC if we include the G1 (not a nexus but first android device). So the diversity is there, though I'd also like to see it move on to moto or another partner for the next batch.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

I'm not saying those should be the manufacturers specifically. I was just giving examples. Personally, I'd like to see Sony do something. Their builds are very high quality in the hardware field.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying those should be the manufacturers specifically. I was just giving examples. Personally, I'd like to see Sony do something. Their builds are very high quality in the hardware field.

Yes! 🙌
I like to see a nexus from Sony!
I've never had a nexus but if it was a Sony, I'll buy it in a heartbeat! 👍
Oh yea...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
These are not "concepts" these are fan renders. Concept implies the company is involved and they're not.

Sent from my Tegra Note 7 using Tapatalk

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Would you guys wait for the nexus 6 or just get the nexus 5? now... Nexus 6 might come out at the end of the year correct?

Best guess would be end of the year... Depends on how "badly" you need a new phone. Do you think you could last on your current phone until then?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Would you guys wait for the nexus 6 or just get the nexus 5? now... Nexus 6 might come out at the end of the year correct?

If you need something today the Nexus 5 is a great choice. If you don't then, well, you could always wait another 6 months for the next new flagship from any number of manufacturers. Eventually you just have to pull the trigger and get a device. :)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
A Nexus from Sony would be great. They've got great designs so far.

via the phone
Ooooh, that would be nice. I had never thought of Sony being a possibility for the next Nexus. I would certainly be interested in that. Albeit, I have never seen a Nexus that I didn't like and I have had all of them except for the first one. HTC doing another one would be a good idea too. I just don't know if they would be able to make one cheap enough to fit the price point that they usually are.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm happy with my GS4. No problems and no damage.

I guess I'll wait to see what 2015 will bring to the table! :D

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3