Crash on selecting wi-fi calling menu option, cannot turn off.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,
I have an Umidigi A5_PRO.
Ever since I've owned it, I cannot turn wi-fi calling on or off. When I select wi-fi calling, I get "com.android.phone has stopped" and cannot access the slider. This will happen even in SAFE MODE. No issue with any other items in the Settings app.

It was not a problem until now. Wi-fi calling has somehow turned on, and I cannot turn it off. I rely on call forwarding to use YouMail for my VM, so it is blocking my VM's.

Things I've tried:
Clearing Data and Cache of the Phone app and Sim Toolkit.
Rebooting
Turning off Auto-updates in the Play Store
As I mentioned, problem happens even in safe mode.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

yugiroads

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Thanks!
I just dicovered that I do not have a Wi-Fi Calling app. Yes, I am looking at the system apps. Huh. No wonder the Settings app crashes when I try to access Wi-Fi Calling.

So, maybe it's NOT even the reason I am no longer getting VM's, and I've jumped to conclusions. I'm going to take another look at my base problem. Thanks for the quick replies :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks!
I just dicovered that I do not have a Wi-Fi Calling app. Yes, I am looking at the system apps. Huh. No wonder the Settings app crashes when I try to access Wi-Fi Calling.

So, maybe it's NOT even the reason I am no longer getting VM's, and I've jumped to conclusions. I'm going to take another look at my base problem. Thanks for the quick replies :)
Hi welcome to AC!

Can you post a screen shot of where you accessing WiFi calling?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wi-fi calling typically doesn't require an app -- it should be part of the system. If you don't have a wi-fi calling option in your system settings, then your phone probably doesn't support it.

Or are you saying the phone is using wi-fi calling and you can't turn it off? If so, how can you tell it's using wi-fi calling?