Credit Card Processors & Nexus 4

shelleyjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Phone Swipe (on my old Thunderbolt) to process credit card charges for my business. I just got off the phone with them and was told that my new Nexus 4 is not compatible with Phone Swipe. :eek: So I went to the Play Store to research another credit card processors and all of the ones that I looked at have the same issue, NOT compatible with the Nexus 4. I checked out PayPal, Intuit, iProcess and some more that I can't remember the names. The only one that I couldn't get a confirmed yes or no was on Square.

So is anyone using Square or another processor that works with the Nexus 4? This is really messing up my business and I need to find another processor. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

shelleyjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't had any luck finding a credit card processor that works with the Nexus 4. Please if there's someone out there that's using a credit card processor with their Nexus I'd love to hear from you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

shelleyjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Rizy! I did see this credit card processor but I wasn't sure if it really worked. What I question is whether or not the swiper will make the connection. Looking at the image they have at the bottom of the page it looks just like the Phone Swipe device that I have now which doesn't sit correctly and therefore doesn't connect.

I guess I will have to contact them and ask but even then I don't trust them. So many other Nexus users have been complaining about this problem. Even when you go to the app store the cc processor's say their swiper works with any smart phone and that is not the case with the Nexus 4.

I would love to hear from someone who is using this phone max service with the Nexus 4.

shelleyjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think Square might work. I need to contact them and ask if it works with the Nexus 4.

From what I just read about payment max they charge $50 a month for a payment fee. I don't do enough business to justify this high fee. Plus I didn't see one Nexus 4 user comment on it! That is a red flag for sure.

shelleyjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to contact square and they won't let me send an email without signing up for an account. I just read that square got a "F" in customer service. Now I know why. You can call them but no one will answer and the recording goes into voice mail then hangs up on you.

I don't want to sign up for an account just to ask a question.

Here is what I need to know, does square really work on a Nexus 4 with PTel service? I have read that some credit card processors won't work unless you are with one of the big 4 carriers. I have no idea why this would make a difference but people have stated this does happen. Ptel uses T-Mobiles' network but I don't know if the credit card companies have a problem with that.

This has become the biggest nightmare. If there is some kind soul out there with a Nexus 4 on PTel's service using square, I would love to hear from you.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am getting a Nexus 4 this Friday, and use T Mobile. I have used Paypal Here with a 2 year old Samsung Exhibit 2 and it works fine. Kind of disappointing that it won't work with a new Nexus phone. Has nobody had any success with the N4 and Paypal?

shelleyjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Captain Bob, I was really happy with phone swipe when I had my thunderbolt. But this has been the biggest hassle trying to find a cc processor that works with the Nexus 4. Please read the reviews on Google play store for PayPal and the Nexus 4 they are not pretty.

One of the first things that didn't work with phone swipe and Nexus 4 was in the setup portion of entering my password. It keep saying that my passwords didn't match (you enter your password in twice to verify it) well I know I was entering it correctly. This has happened to a lot of Nexus 4 users no matter which cc processor they use. I was told by phone swipe technical support that the Nexus 4 has a hardware issue and won't work. I have found this to be the case with PayPal, intuit and iProcess.

So if you figure out a solution I would love to hear from you.

shelleyjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Gone down south,

I did go to squares website and tried to submit my question on their request form but it kept saying that my email address was invalid! How can it be invalid when I have never used them. I felt they wanted me to set up an account before I could ask a question. If it is this difficult to reach them then I don't want to do business with them.

Maybe I was doing something wrong but I tried my Google email address and my business email and neither would be accepted. I would hit submit and it kept giving me an error message of "invalid email address" . Totally frustrating to say the least.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Captain Bob, I was really happy with phone swipe when I had my thunderbolt. But this has been the biggest hassle trying to find a cc processor that works with the Nexus 4. Please read the reviews on Google play store for PayPal and the Nexus 4 they are not pretty.

One of the first things that didn't work with phone swipe and Nexus 4 was in the setup portion of entering my password. It keep saying that my passwords didn't match (you enter your password in twice to verify it) well I know I was entering it correctly. This has happened to a lot of Nexus 4 users no matter which cc processor they use. I was told by phone swipe technical support that the Nexus 4 has a hardware issue and won't work. I have found this to be the case with PayPal, intuit and iProcess.

So if you figure out a solution I would love to hear from you.

Well that is a drag. So I have to carry my old phone to use Paypal then. Like taking a step backwards.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got this email reply from Paypal Support regarding the Paypal swiping app.

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is James and I am happy to assist you with question.

The Google Nexus for T-Mobile listed as a compatible device.

Please let me know if you need further assistance by calling 877-569-1136.

Sincerely,
James
PayPal Customer Solutions
PayPal, an eBay Company

Last edited:

Reddzilla

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
888-221-1161. Just ask for product site support during the IVR or say PayPal here. They'll order you another over the phone

Posted using Nexus 4 via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05