Curious. Who is switching and From what???

What are you switching from to get the Evo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RocketJeff

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll be switching from a Palm Centro (voted 'non-smartphone' since there wasn't a PalmOS option).

Even though it's very dated, I still like PalmOS. Probably just because it's 'comfortable' to me.

OTOH, I can't wait to get an Evo (and Android), my daughter has a Hero and I've been jealous of her phone and try to play with it every chance I get.

I think my only problem will be to find a case big enough to hold it but comfortable enough to wear on my belt during the day...

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Does everybody at sprint has palm...wth it seems the palm outsell the hero big time in sprint..im coming from tmobile i currently have a mytouch 3g ( sucks 3 times) but well im willing to get back to sprint since i left the now network back in 2006 because of the poor service they were offering..

tndave

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm in your boat. I have only been part of the community here for about a month, and I can tell you that this community is far more engaged in conversation with other members than the PreCentral community is. Probably because there are so many more people using Android. PreCentral is very engaging for the amount of people there, but not when it comes to conversations. When it comes to tweaking the software and stuff, then absolutely.

Both are very great communities, but I have been liking it more here at Android Central. :)

I love webOS (with a passion!) but lack of hardware is ANNOYING. I'm moving to the Evo. Have mine pre-ordered.

I agree. I'm moving from the Pre to the Evo, and it can't come soon enough! I stopped visiting the Precentral forums a few months ago and only checked the home page for news updates after that. I found the more time I spent browsing the forum at precentral, the more irritated I became and I was becoming embarrassed for the people there! There doesn't seem to be the immaturity and and overall annoyance to me here as there is there, that's for sure! Androidcentral is a breath of fresh air to me after an unpleasant fart!
Although, that's just my opinion...
Come on June 4!!!!

silvilas

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE WebOS. It's easy to use, so easy that my 3 year old can use it with ease. The fact that I can multi-task, work numerous email accounts, listen to Pandora, surf the web, all at the same time, makes it convenient. The gestures, card flicks and professional look of the OS is what I will miss the most. I'm actually nervous to go try the Android OS.

The hardware though is downright disappointing. I'm on my 3rd one due to various malfunctions. This is my opinion...to go from my 11 year old's dream phone to an adult phone that actually will feel better in my hand will be nice. In fact, I will probably be giving my Pre to my 11 yr old.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE WebOS. It's easy to use, so easy that my 3 year old can use it with ease. The fact that I can multi-task, work numerous email accounts, listen to Pandora, surf the web, all at the same time, makes it convenient. The gestures, card flicks and professional look of the OS is what I will miss the most. I'm actually nervous to go try the Android OS.

The hardware though is downright disappointing. I'm on my 3rd one due to various malfunctions. This is my opinion...to go from my 11 year old's dream phone to an adult phone that actually will feel better in my hand will be nice. In fact, I will probably be giving my Pre to my 11 yr old.

I really think that's the crux of the issue with webOS. Palm has done a wonderful job with continuing the OS support and updates, made a TON of improvements since the Pre launch date. However, most all launch-date Pre owners (myself included) that have the primary account on a Premier account can't pass up this opportunity.

Better luck next year Palm.... If Palm comes out with the next iteration for a webOS device, it would certainly make me think.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from my launch day Palm Pre. Had it patched, themed, over-clocked and loved it. My problem is I suffer from early adopter-tis !

OriolesMagic

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Ditching my iPhone 3G for the Evo - already pre-ordered my Evo from Radio Shack. The Google I/O, along with the specs sold me on this.

However, I'm still a bit hesitant have never really used Android - solid move by sprint to offer the 30 days no commitment.

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I really think that's the crux of the issue with webOS. Palm has done a wonderful job with continuing the OS support and updates, made a TON of improvements since the Pre launch date. However, most all launch-date Pre owners (myself included) that have the primary account on a Premier account can't pass up this opportunity.

Better luck next year Palm.... If Palm comes out with the next iteration for a webOS device, it would certainly make me think.

Ditto. I love using webOS and it's slickness is the only thing I'm going to regret next month.

I keep telling myself that if a new webOS device were to be announced in the next couple weeks with specs that meet or exceed the EVO, I'd stick it out until its release, but I'm slowly warming up to android. The sense UI essentially replaces cards for me.

schj98

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Launch day Palm Pre to EVO.

No hardware failures and I love the WebOS but the pre is just not competitive with the hardware on the EVO.

ValerieHeyHey

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm going from a Blackberry Pearl.....

The BB is a cute phone (for us girls), but who can resist the Evo??

It'll be interesting comparing it to my Moment ........Can't Wait!

Last edited:

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow, people are really dropping the Pre like its hot, i thought the Pre was the best phone #1. Well if it never made it to the number one spot at least it made it here, the number one dumped.

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
You can add another in the Pre drop/switch category. This time last year I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Pre and was second at my local Sprint store on launch day. By the time I made it home it was clear to me that the Pre was underwhelming. The term "potential" was never more fitting for any device/gadget I've owned. So many elements that we've come to expect in a smartphone were just absent. If it weren't for the great community to make up for Palm's oversights, I would have given up on the Pre months ago.

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for the current webOS users. Is it the general consensus that most of you will switch back to webOS if Palm comes out with another phone with comparable specs to the Evo?

While I enjoy the user experience of webOS, I'm interested to see how Android evolves. I know what webos can do and were it could be, but also know its very little support behind it currently. Does HP's involvement change that? We'll see. Plus, it seems that the future of webOS may be its implementation on other devices outside of smartphones. The same can said for Android, but I know were it stands now and in the near future for a smartphone OS, its moving forward. Webos seems to have slowed significantly.

To answer your question. Can't see Palm releasing anything soon when they just released the Pre Plus to another carrier (AT&T). The rumored C40 hasn't been mentioned in a while and a pending acquisition may halt any announcements of a new device. And in a years time, who's to say Android won't win most of use departing webOS users over in the same way webOS originally won our hearts?

RidiculousHat

May 7, 2010
Visit site
dumping at&t and my original blackberry bold 9000. bought that phone on the day it came out and i'm doing the same for this one... no way i'm staying with at&t with crap service, crap phones and a new huge ETF.