Custom notification sounds not showing up

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am using Android on a Kyocera DuraXV, I'm not sure what version of droid this is, It says OS version 9 under phone information... Anyway, I have a MP3 that i want to set as a notification sound. I place the file in the notifications directory, but it doesn't show up in the list when i go to change the notification sound. If i copy the same file to ringtones or alarms, it shows up fine. I have tried rebooting several times. Not sure what the problem could be

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you have any 3rd party file managers installed, that can sometimes cause problems if you selected that file manager to be the default way to select a file in the ringtone/notification tone selection screen.

Try going to Settings>Apps, and tap Menu>Reset All App Preferences. Now try setting the notification tone again. Does it ask you to choose a file to complete the action?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html