[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

mmajewski84

May 4, 2011
Visit site
is there anyone up at the moment that can use gtalk to help me through setting up the rest of what im doing, im doing the cmd stuff from term emu and after that im a little hazy on what to do. mmajewski84 at gtalk thanks =)

Karimanator

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Aw Man can someone help me i rooted my phone using these instructions http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-gingerbreak-no-reverting-ota-works-too.html

and i did the next thing which is follow this tutorial and after install i get the LG logo come up on the screen then phone screen goes black.

I think what i messed up on was typing adb shell in command prompt (in the root directory of my LG Optimus S root folder) before i typed the commands bellow

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
# reboot recovery

(i typed all these commands including the # signs)

what did i do wrong?

THIS IS A PICTURE OF EVERYTHING I DID

227833_1915564683002_1058517454_2169234_656217_n.jpg

PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited:

adb927

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried installing the recovery. I didn't realize it buy I had a $ instead of #. I then found that you have to type su to get the #. Now I am trying to do it and I get a message device not found? Any suggestions?

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
# reboot recovery

(i typed all these commands including the # signs)

what did i do wrong?
once you type adb shell, type su (make sure super user is installed on your phone*should be if you used gingerbreak*) and watch your phone screen, super user should appear and click the allow-make sure the always is selected) this should give you the # prompt. From here, you can type (or paste-easier) the commands EXCLUDING the # sign * make sure not to include any extra spaces*
(see my post above of how the cmd prompt looks)

I tried installing the recovery. I didn't realize it buy I had a $ instead of #. I then found that you have to type su to get the #. Now I am trying to do it and I get a message device not found? Any suggestions?

is your phone on usb debugging, also, are the drivers installed on your computer for the phone? if so, unplug your phone from the computer and try again, Make sure abd interface shows up in your devices on your computer- if the adb interface doesnt show up there, then the drivers are not installed on the computer/phone on usb debugging

Last edited:

isspooh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
*I have to say this to help people from lots of confusion and heart ache* If you are running into the "blank recovery screen" or just issues in general, YOU HAVE TO WINRAR the XIONIA.rar file and save the extracted XIONIA.img file to your phones sd root. I spent 2 hours not understanding why this wasn't working and WINRAR was the fix, ThunderRom on and phones running like a charm. Love to help anyone who needs it.

grenadier

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Need some help here - things seemed to work swimmingly in the terminal the first time round, but after the phone rebooted in recovery mode the custom recovery hadn't actually taken. I've tried this several times and wasn't originally getting the '/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory' or 'failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory' errors that I'm getting now. Aaand I'm totally new to Android BTW :D

Here's my most recent attempt:

C:\>cd adb
C:\ADB>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
$ su
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
# reboot recovery
reboot recovery

C:\ADB>

And yes I'm logged in as root and yes I've extracted the flash / image files :mad: . Any ideas here?

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory

And yes I'm logged in as root and yes I've extracted the flash / image files :mad: . Any ideas here?
that no such file or directory on the

this is fine. Sometimes that happens, i posted what the cmd should look like, also on the first post of this thread it says thats fine

As for the first o such file or directory-check the status of your sd card, is it mounted or unmounted?

bums nuts

May 10, 2011
Visit site
when i get to
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
i get /sdcard/flash_image: invalid length
thanks for any help

Last edited:

wingzero186

May 14, 2011
Visit site
thank you I rooted with a apk called gingerbreak it worked but no recovery at all when you run the reboot recovery cmd all I would get is a LG screen nothing else when I tryed to boot with the reset keys power vol down and home got a black screen after LG screen now I can get to recovery and flash to CM7 thank you

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I cut and pasted the commands and got nothing, what should happen? I rebooted in recovery and theres no option for backup and restore. Do I type su before entering commands? Do I type exit afterwards

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I cut and pasted the commands and got nothing, what should happen? I rebooted in recovery and theres no option for backup and restore. Do I type su before entering commands? Do I type exit afterwards

before you copy/paste, you have to be at the # prompt (root), in order to that to show up if you have the $ sign, type su (watch your phone for superuser to show up, and allow-this will only show up if you have not used the same computer to get root access- # ) When you copy/paste, do not include the # part

Reactions: rockstone25

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I dont get what im doing wrong, the recovery never changes into the custom recovery. I know I have superuser and root. The weird thing is each command seems to be working in cmd, I dont see any errors but the reboot recovery command doesnt seem to be rebooting into recovery (isnt that what its suppose to do?). Regardless I go into recovery mode and its the stock one.

Here is how im trying to install this:

Extract the RAR and paste the .img as well as the flash img folder to the root of the sd card. Then in cmd:

cd to where the adb is (platform tools)
adb shell
su
copy and paste each line from the first post in this thread.

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
extract both files straight to the root of sd card. Then unmount the sd card from computer and turn off usb storage on the phone, at this point, i usually unplug and replug in the phone into the computer.

when you copy/past each line, are you including the # ? (because if you do, it wont work) what the su should get you to is the # prompt, from here is where you enter (paste) the commands exluding the # .......**when you have a successful flash, when you enter the
flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
command, it will take a second or two to do so. (at least seem longer compared to the other commands) **

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I went through this process seemingly successfully, but when I type flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img, it instantly "flashes" and gives me the # prompt. I checked, and that file is indeed on SD card.

When I type "reboot recovery," it brings me to the LG recovery, with the triangle in the background and the option to reboot or factory-reset.

Any clues??

ramone926

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
A little help please. I think I get it for the most part. I am supposed to extract the file to the root of the sd card, and then unmount the sd card from computer and turn off usb storage on the phone. Then I am supposed to run a cmd prompt with windows by copying and pasting each line of the cmd from the first page of this thread without entering the #. But what I dont know is how to use adb or a cmd prompt :-(

evilwar

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Can I use the factory reset option now that I have CWMA v1.2518.6 ? I Created a backup immediately after rooting the phone and installing CWMA, so I have an original image backed up, but just wondered if I can use the factory reset option within CWMA to return the phone to its original state without having to do an advanced recovery since I have multiple ROMs installed. Also wondering if I can un root the phone so if I return it back to Sprint for a different phone they wouldn't know.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed the files to my sd card and installed Terminal Emulator to my phone. Terminal Emulator doesn't work as I get error msg which makes me force close it. Is there any other Terminal Emulator program that I can use? I'm a newbie to all this. Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: Blake1288

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treoluv