[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

HondaCop

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I attempted to flash this recovery and am having a problem. I did all the adb commands one by one without a problem. It did give me the "failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory" error but I continued as instructed to do so. When the phone rebooted, it went to screen with blue letters that read as follows:

Android system recovery <3e>
Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

Right below it reads like this in yellow:

Android system recovery...
Do not pullout the battery!!
Finding update package...
E:Can't find command file CACHE:recovery/command
Installation aborted, no valid image in CACHE.

If I choose reboot system now, it will show me a screen with a small android below a big white triangle with a yellow exclamation mark inside it.

What did I do wrong? Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.

xtacocorex

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thats not to say I'm discarding your issue. No, in fact I'm intrigued by it.

If you can reproduce this, trigger it again, use the Fix Boot Loop option, then when it reloads recovery run these cmds:

adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd7
adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8

Code:
C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd7
recovery
--wipe_data

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, trying to flash this recovery (already running the previous custom recovery) I seem to be stuck. The first time, I went through the instructions, and accidentally put "yaffs" instead of "yaffs2" in for the first line. Everything seemed to go fine until the the last line to flash the recovery, at which point it came up with a ton of "insufficient memory". So, I scrolled up and saw the error, and just started fresh from the beginning... this time typing everything properly (Terminal App). Seemed to all complete fine, but after "reboot recovery", it seems hung at the LG logo.

Any ideas how to fix this??

I got the insufficient memory error too. I ended up pulling the battery, because I was stuck at the lg splash. My phone rebooted alright, then I ran through the ADB commands again and it worked fine. My post is here.

HondaCop

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
ARGGGGGG!!! I did all the commands on the first post but I did NOT UNZIP the flash and img files! I simply placed the zip files on the sdcard root folder. =( This is what screwed me up! Is there any way to fix my problem? I am stuck at the LG recovery screen. Phone will not boot.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the insufficient memory error too. I ended up pulling the battery, because I was stuck at the lg splash. My phone rebooted alright, then I ran through the ADB commands again and it worked fine. My post is here.

Saw your post earlier and actually tried redoing it with all the commands four times now... still the stuck LG splash screen if I try to go into recovery. Tried IM'ing beezy,Nick7 and KSmithInNY, so waiting hopefully for some more suggestions from the pros on here. At the very least I'd like to get back to the other recovery for the time being.

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Are you getting the really long string of errors? That's exactly what happened to me.

I had to also restart ADB. I think what happened with me was that the tools updated at the same time I was putting in the ADB commands and the interface got corrupted. Once I restarted everything it finally worked. It's worth a shot at least.

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
ARGGGGGG!!! I did all the commands on the first post but I did NOT UNZIP the flash and img files! I simply placed the zip files on the sdcard root folder. =( This is what screwed me up! Is there any way to fix my problem? I am stuck at the LG recovery screen. Phone will not boot.

I don't think running the ADB commands would make it so you couldn't fully boot unless you are still trying to boot into recovery. Try pulling the battery and waiting a minute then just starting up normal. If you reboot completely, then unzip the files and run through the ADB commands.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Are you getting the really long string of errors? That's exactly what happened to me.

I had to also restart ADB. I think what happened with me was that the tools updated at the same time I was putting in the ADB commands and the interface got corrupted. Once I restarted everything it finally worked. It's worth a shot at least.

Yeah, I've given it 4 tries :) Still no luck. Ugh.

HondaCop

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't think running the ADB commands would make it so you couldn't fully boot unless you are still trying to boot into recovery. Try pulling the battery and waiting a minute then just starting up normal. If you reboot completely, then unzip the files and run through the ADB commands.

I've tried pulling battery, emergency mode, unbricking methods and nothing helps. Now the phone will start up to the black and white LG logo screen and just sit there. =( I can't no longer access the LG recovery either or emergency mode.

PS. My name is HondaCop and I approve this message.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so, for the hell of it I tried flashing the Thunder-c recovery back onto the phone, using the exact same steps. That one flashed completely fine and my phone boots into that recovery again with no problem. Tried again after that following the steps here EXACTLY (copy and pasted even), and my phone just boots up to the LG prompt and sits there if you try to go into recovery. Ugh. How are people getting this one to flash correctly??

Side note: I noticed that the "flash_image" file in this recovery vs the Thunder-c recovery is VERY different in size. Is that also tied to the actual .img file, or could I attempt to flash this one using the flash_image that works well with the Thunder-c recovery? I noticed when I flashed back to Thunder-c that there is an (expected) pause after you enter the command to actually flash the recovery image, assuming from it being copied and applied. Executing that last command with the flash_image and xionia recovery included in this post produces no such pause. As soon as you hit enter, the prompt pops right back up. Odd. There's no errors or anything, but every time I try to reboot into recovery, it just hangs at the LG screen. Something tells me it's not actually flashing the image in that last step.

Any ideas? I'd like to try this one, since I love having the sub folder navigation like in the 1.2 version of the Thunder-c recovery... but for some reason that one appears to be "un-official" still from the dev, so not sure if that's cool?

Last edited:

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You may have a corrupt download. I wouldn't swap the flash image because I think that's tied to the recovery. Re-download both files and unzip them to the root of your SD and try again. That may do the trick. Fingers crossed.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
You may have a corrupt download. I wouldn't swap the flash image because I think that's tied to the recovery. Re-download both files and unzip them to the root of your SD and try again. That may do the trick. Fingers crossed.

Tried that three times now as well. Oh well, I'd like to give it a shot, but I guess I'll live with the other recovery for now. Hate not knowing what's "wrong" with it though... frustrating.

heckja11

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You said earlier to extract the .rar file, but is there a reason why I am not able to extract it? Normally Vista gives me the option to extract, but it does not for this.

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
mine keeps just flashing thunderc 1.1.0 rather than your recovery im on the optimus V how should i fix this

I probably packaged the wrong one for you guys. I'm looking to get someone who actually owns an Optimus V to be the official caretaker for the Xionia series (requires knowing how to compile, knowing git, knowing boot.img and update.zip) :)

I already PM'd Red about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omcars