Dan rosenberg has found an exploit to unlock the moto x (and other devices) bootloader!!!

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes sir! The awesome Dan Rosenberg! Because of him I was able to unlock my bootloader on my previous droid razr maxx hd.

This will be a wonderful thing for our other newer 16gb maxx.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to not having to decline an update every morning to keep my tethering...

You know what's funny? Before I decided to upgrade to KitKat, I had rooted my phone and done the entitlement mod to be able to tether. I went ahead and upgraded...I lost root as I had expected, but for some reason, the entitlement mod stuck and I can still tether. Weird.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You know what's funny? Before I decided to upgrade to KitKat, I had rooted my phone and done the entitlement mod to be able to tether. I went ahead and upgraded...I lost root as I had expected, but for some reason, the entitlement mod stuck and I can still tether. Weird.
Which particular entitlement mod? And which version of kitkat?

I've read a few posts claiming they maintained root, but lost WP off.

Not sure what to do at this point. I want the camera fixed, but don't want to lose full root. I'm on 4.4 with root and WP OFF just for entitlement app.

Last edited:

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Which particular entitlement mod? And which version of kitkat?

I've read a few posts claiming they maintained root, but lost WP off.

Not sure what to do at this point. I want the camera fixed, but don't want to lose full root. I'm on 4.4.2 with root and WP OFF just for entitlement app.
When I was on 4.2, I was rooted and had done the entitlement mod. When I upgraded to 4.4, I knew I was gonna lose my root and figured that meant I would lose my tethering mod. Well, I did lose root, but I didn't lose my ability to tether.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When I was on 4.2, I was rooted and had done the entitlement mod. When I upgraded to 4.4, I knew I was gonna lose my root and figured that meant I would lose my tethering mod. Well, I did lose root, but I didn't lose my ability to tether.
Hmm..I didn't lose root updating to 4.4. I used SuperSU survival mode.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmm..I didn't lose root updating to 4.4. I used SuperSU survival mode.

What method did you use for root before the upgrade? I used MotoRoot, and when I go into SuperSu Pro, it has Survival Mode greyed out & says "this feature not supported in xbin mode".

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused, do we or don't we have the ability to unlock the bootloader? I read that thread and it seems to me that they have a theory that they can use the unlock codes multiple times but nothing is posted on how to use them or available codes.

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola with Tapatalk.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused, do we or don't we have the ability to unlock the bootloader? I read that thread and it seems to me that they have a theory that they can use the unlock codes multiple times but nothing is posted on how to use them or available codes.

Sent from my Droid Maxx by Motorola with Tapatalk.

A vulnerability has been found which could be exploited to unlock bootloaders - now we need to wait for someone to create a tool that will use that vulnerability. So, to directly answer your question: the ability to unlock bootloaders exists but no user friendly tool yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene