Darn live wallpapers.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't see my Incredible lagging at all while running any of the live wallpapers....

youngzayiles - have you tried the droid eye live wallpaper from the Droid X? that's the best one I've seen so far

Yeah I have that one.... Im waiting to see if someone could do one thats simular to the droid comertials

like the end of this commercial... YouTube - Verizon DROIDX Never Miss... Thats a live wallpaper id pay for in a heartbeat..

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the live wallpaper can drain the battery, or slow the phone, except when it's actually being displayed. If you're in another app, it's going to be inactive in the background like any other app not being used.

Even using the Mario wallpaper, which must be the most cpu intensive one there is, I don't see a slowdown when scrolling through my apps under the settings menu, or opening or switching between apps.

Edit: Using the System Panel app, and looking at real-time cpu usage, the Mario wallpaper appears to use zero cpu when it's not actually being displayed. If it's not using cpu, it can't slow any other activity.

Last edited:

kyoon19

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Anipet aquarium is very cool but slows down my phone a bit. I use aquarium live donation version sometimes and i wish they had freshwater fish like discus, cardinal tetras, and cories.