Developer Options Missing

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Before the update ... I could goto to Settings>>Developer Options and select the speed of animations. I would usually decrease these by half and you definitely see an increase in performance. After the update ... "Developer Options" were either hidden or moved. Any insight on how to bring it up again?

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Settings > about phone. Scroll down to the build number and tap it seven times. It will unlock the developer options.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Before the update ... I could goto to Settings>>Developer Options and select the speed of animations. I would usually decrease these by half and you definitely see an increase in performance. After the update ... "Developer Options" were either hidden or moved. Any insight on how to bring it up again?

Posted via Android Central App

I don't see it on mine either. WTH!? I used one of those options.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks much. Hard to understand why it was removed.

I was surprised that it was included in the original release. I thought that developer options were hidden starting with Jelly Bean, even on Nexus devices (which are supposed to be the development sample devices for the platform.)

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised that it was included in the original release. I thought that developer options were hidden starting with Jelly Bean, even on Nexus devices (which are supposed to be the development sample devices for the platform.)
Developer Options are in my Verizon Note ll. What was missing was Blocking Mode (removed by super wise Verizon).

Peter Moir

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Have a samsung S2 and trying to load Marshmallow but cant turn on developer options thru build number, tried tapping 7 times (7 Times) no luck pressed multiple times still can't get to turn on any suggestions guys?