Did anyone ever find a tempered glass protector with no halo?

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
As the title states, did anyone come across a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't halo AND goes all the way to the edges? Gotta get away from this plastic film!

Posted via the Android Central App

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Zero halo with the Zagg glass I had installed at Best Buy. YMMV.

There's a whole thread about this around here.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Zero halo with the Zagg glass I had installed at Best Buy. YMMV.

There's a whole thread about this around here.

I know. With over 600 posts, the other thread has become very convoluted and hard to follow.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I know. With over 600 posts, the other thread has become very convoluted and hard to follow.

Very true. A quick summary of that thread is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some people have no halo and others do. For a moment some of us thought the carrier version was a factor but then people with the same carrier also reported halo when some of us had none.

My Zagg has zero halo and I previously had a Nilikin that didn't have halo either but it chipped easily because the edges are not rounded.

BTW, I'm using a T-Mobile Note 4 with at&t service. I briefly had an at&t Note 4 and tried a Spigen Glass Protector....the halo was horrible.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I got the zagg glass and it has the halo. I even had a bestbuy rep do it.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

rob6070

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Horrible halo w zagg glass clean install minus the halo. It's weird but I can live with it I guess.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I waited for memi ghost glass to be available and it finally is. Says right in the description that it's curved for the note 4 screen. I've used this brand on 3 phones, all were very very good. I should have by Friday.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a glass protector with no halo as well and have kinda given up. Then I'm in the mall and see a zag kiosk and dude says new glass cut specific for the note 4 should be out next week. Just an fyi. The other threads are just outta control

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for a glass protector with no halo as well and have kinda given up. Then I'm in the mall and see a zag kiosk and dude says new glass cut specific for the note 4 should be out next week. Just an fyi. The other threads are just outta control

Did he say if they'd replace the current one with the new one when they come out? I have a zagg and the halo is obnoxious.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Did he say if they'd replace the current one with the new one when they come out? I have a zagg and the halo is obnoxious.
That he did not say. He did mention the glass should have a 1 year warranty and if a new one came out it should be replaced for free. Key word "Should"

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
How did it go???

I waited for memi ghost glass to be available and it finally is. Says right in the description that it's curved for the note 4 screen. I've used this brand on 3 phones, all were very very good. I should have by Friday.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Yea, how is this new Mime glass? Give us some pictures and a little review. :p

When Mime says: DT-c (High Density Tempered Curved) Glass construction, I believe they are talking about the edges of the glass? This is stated in every tempered glass protector they make and it has nothing to do with the Note 4's 2D glass.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Horrible halo w zagg glass clean install minus the halo. It's weird but I can live with it I guess.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

Just got an email from Zaag, advertising a new HDX screen protector, & while it is not tempered glass, the few reviews that are listed are quite good. Says that it views just like the tempered glass. Zaag also states in the question/answer section at the bottom that there are no issues with a halo effect with this model.

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from Zaag, advertising a new HDX screen protector, & while it is not tempered glass, the few reviews that are listed are quite good. Says that it views just like the tempered glass. Zaag also states in the question/answer section at the bottom that there are no issues with a halo effect with this model.

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

It's really disappointing that we cannot find one single tempered glass protector for the $800.00 Galaxy Note 4. I really don't even know who to blame. Samsung for the curved edges or the glass manufacturers for not making a quality product. The one thing I have to say about my wife's iphone 6 is she has no issues with accessories, none, from cases to glass protectors.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
175acab978848582b3a211869cad4e9f.jpg

I am very close to ordering this. I have received no response on an updated version from Zagg but this one looks very promising and the reviews on Amazon look very good.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That Skinomi is a film protector and none of the film protectors have a halo because they're a lot more flexible than glass but they don't have any impact/shatter protection and some of them retain marks from S Pen usage. Zagg supposedly has a revised glass edition but I haven't seen a picture posted yet of one installed. I ordered a Zagg HDX which is 3H hardness because it's less than 1 mm thick which I need for my Seidio Surface case and on xda forums a member posted a picture of it installed with no halo on an AT&T phone which is what I have. I really hope I'm done with the finding a protector without a halo issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32