Did I break Samsung Wallet or did Android 14?

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I was going to give Samsung Wallet/Pass another chance but found that in Settings for Autofill, Samsung Pass isn't listed to make the default Service.

A long while back I intentionally broke Samsung Wallet so that it would stay Samsung Pass and Samsung Pay (separate apps) rather than combined Wallet.

I thought maybe "unbreaking it" by updating all the Wallet components (about 6 or 7 APKs) would restore Wallet, which it did, but still not in the Auto fill.

TLDR: Did I break it or did OneUI 6? I really don't want to ODIN flash if I don't have to plus I I want to crossflash to U1 but it's not out yet either.

Reactions: axguo2k

axguo2k

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution to this? I've been a long term Google Passwords user and I wanted to try Samsung Pass on my S23, and now I'm encountering the same issue. The "Preferred Services" setting does not show Samsung Pass and is only showing Google and the "None" option.

axguo2k

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Mine works, try clearing cache then force stop the app
I have the same issue as OP, and I've tried clearing the entire system cache partition and also entirely uninstall Samsung Wallet and uninstall updates on Samsung Pass, then reinstalling and setting up everything again. Unfortunately Samsung Pass still doesn't show as an option to be set as the Preferred Service for Autofill.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue as OP, and I've tried clearing the entire system cache partition and also entirely uninstall Samsung Wallet and uninstall updates on Samsung Pass, then reinstalling and setting up everything again. Unfortunately Samsung Pass still doesn't show as an option to be set as the Preferred Service for Autofill.
Hi welcome to AC!
Where are you going on the device to set it up as your default auto fill?

axguo2k

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Hi welcome to AC!
Where are you going on the device to set it up as your default auto fill?
Thanks! I'm going through Settings->General Management->Passwords, passkeys, and autofill->Preferred service.

Something to note is that I only have this issue with my S23. My Galaxy Tab S9 (also on OneUI 6.0) has no issues switching to Autofill with Samsung Pass, but has slightly different settings that match the same settings pathway as OneUI 5.0 (Settings->General Management->Passwords and Autofill->Autofill with Samsung Pass).

I'm not sure why the settings are slightly different on my S23 and Tab S9 when both are updated to Android 14 and OneUI 6.0, but the issue is only observed on my S23, which has the newer A14/OneUI 6.0 settings pathway.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I forgot I made this and this gained some traction out of nowhere.

I short, it was FUBAR. Maybe a factory reset would have fixed it but I inadvertently fixed with an ODIN flash. At that point my mind was on elsewhere and I forgot about Sam. Wallet.

TLDR: Forgot about thread. ODIN flash fixed it.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks! I'm going through Settings->General Management->Passwords, passkeys, and autofill->Preferred service.

Something to note is that I only have this issue with my S23. My Galaxy Tab S9 (also on OneUI 6.0) has no issues switching to Autofill with Samsung Pass, but has slightly different settings that match the same settings pathway as OneUI 5.0 (Settings->General Management->Passwords and Autofill->Autofill with Samsung Pass).

I'm not sure why the settings are slightly different on my S23 and Tab S9 when both are updated to Android 14 and OneUI 6.0, but the issue is only observed on my S23, which has the newer A14/OneUI 6.0 settings pathway.
Seems to be a glitch I would report to Samsung

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125_224446_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_224446_Settings.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240125_224346_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_224346_Settings.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 14