disappearing apps ??

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok all of a sudden I go to use my phone this morning and realized that my Dialer, Contacts and Settings apps did not work from my Launcher Pro dock.. I reloaded the app and still.. So I look in the App Drawer.. and those apps where no where to be found.. Has this happened to anyone before?.. I know I have been messing with themes/settings and such but can this cause those really essential apps to disappear.. Luckily I just reloaded my zip and all was good in about 2 minutes. Still it was so odd to have them just disappear...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There has been some conflicts with Launcher Pro. Not everyone has experienced them but some have.

- Make sure Launcher Pro is your default launcher. Apps>Settings>Manage>find Launcher/TWLauncher/AMLauncher, whatever and clear defaults.

- Also could try downloading Home Switcher from the Market and then use that to select Launcher Pro as your default launcher and clear defaults on any other installed launchers.

- Uninstall Launcher Pro, install Home switcher from Market and then reinstall Launcher Pro and select as default.

From what I have read Launcher Pro sometimes has issues when sharing shortcuts/icons with other launchers. Give these things above a shot..

Reactions: Since9600

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I actually have only LPP and the plain launcher installed and have never used the plain stock launcher either. I will try your tips if this happens again. Thanks!