[Discussion] What would you want to see in the Z Fold 4 that would make you upgrade from the 3?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Adding a dust resistance rating would be a positive move forward and also perhaps instill further confidence for some when buying the phone.

The outer screen for me is fine for typing on and if I find it necessary I turn the phone into landscape Mode and use split screen keyboard and hey presto even easier to type on.

I'd prefer the sim slot to be on the main part of the phone and not the outer fold area as this causes issues for those who may want to sim swap and then have to go about unsettling the adhesive that hold the frame part of their case.

I'd like the fold to fold a little tighter to stop dust collecting on the screen.

The camera module can always be improved especially on such an expensive flagship phone.

The crease for me is a non issue as I now see past it and when using the phone with looking at it directly as one would the crease melts away but I submit for some it can be a deal breaker , so if Samsung could look at this aspect then sweet.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Now, with all that being said, where I would LOVE to see some improvements for V4 is:

• Battery - Yeah, I know, bigger battery, bigger phone, but I think they still have some room to play here.
  • I have no issues with the current screen durability as I have not really seen any issues, but this is where they can always improve
  • Folded Width - I think this can be a LITTLE wider
  • Native storage for the SPen - I love having it, but I hate that it seems like an appendage more than a true feature
  • SPen support on the outer screen
  • SD Card Slot

Now, I have some more time to think about things, and, so far, I still stand behind my list, well, except one part.

Look, I am 6'5" tall and have big hands (I can palm a basketball, not with ease like the NBA players, but I still can) and I am not sure I would like the phone much, if any, wider. I have been reading more and more, and even open, I can grip the phone in one hand and hold it to read. Not for too long, but I can. If it was any wider, this would not be as easy or comfortable, so I think I will retract that one item.

I am adding SD Card Slot. I LOVED having it, even if I didn't NEED it for storage. I just love having a place to put files where I can just pop it out and do what's needed. Transferring from the phone over USB, regardless of how fast your USB is, is SLOW AS HELL... :(

Now, if they can make the outer screen bigger without making the phone much, if any, wider, then yes! :D

mib1800

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Now, I have some more time to think about things, and, so far, I still stand behind my list, well, except one part.

Look, I am 6'5" tall and have big hands (I can palm a basketball, not with ease like the NBA players, but I still can) and I am not sure I would like the phone much, if any, wider. I have been reading more and more, and even open, I can grip the phone in one hand and hold it to read. Not for too long, but I can. If it was any wider, this would not be as easy or comfortable, so I think I will retract that one item.

I am adding SD Card Slot. I LOVED having it, even if I didn't NEED it for storage. I just love having a place to put files where I can just pop it out and do what's needed. Transferring from the phone over USB, regardless of how fast your USB is, is SLOW AS HELL... :(

Now, if they can make the outer screen bigger without making the phone much, if any, wider, then yes! :D

You can plug in a USB thumb drive directly to usbc port and it is very fast. You don't need a SD slot for that. More convenient too

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You can plug in a USB thumb drive directly to usbc port and it is very fast. You don't need a SD slot for that. More convenient too

Damn you and your logical thinking and stuff and stuff... :p

Yeah, that is true I suppose, but still nice to just pop the card out and go and not have this extra step/wait. Even with how fast it is, it can still be slower than just taking the card out. :D

On my N20U, I had the 512GB version with a 512GB card and I still stored pics and all that on my card vs the phone so I can just pull it out and do what I needed to do. With over 100GB of images/videos, either way takes a while. :)

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I think for me, the ZF4 would need to have a wider cover screen. There are just too many apps and sites that don't display or scale properly. I think this is needed for me to continue using this as a daily driver.

• Other things would be they find out a way to get rated for dust protection.
  • A slot for an S-Pen would be nice.
  • Ability to use the S-Pen on outside screen as well
  • Better suite of cameras would be nice.
  • Less buggy OS.

I actually did not put here the need for SD slot as so far I've been able to manage.

I do think if the S22 Ultra ends up being the Note replacement, I will give it a go if the specs are top notch, and then see if ZF4 fulfills some of my other wish list items next August. But I have to admit the narrow cover screen is almost killing it for me now after long term use.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe