Do not disturb activation sound

jael36

May 10, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

I've search high and low and seems to be an odd question.

DND works perfectly fine in all situations so far.

But when it activates as per the schedule, itself sounds a notification!

Seems counter intuitive IMHO for DND itself to make a sound when activating, when I don't want any sounds after "X" o'clock!

Did I miss a setting?

Running Android 13 on Galaxy S21 FE.

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Interesting, I've never encountered that on my Pixel 7 Pro or Galaxy A32 5G. When you hear that notification, do you see a visual notification as well? If so, long-press that notification and look for the audible notification options -- can you change it to Silent?

sgtm8

Sep 11, 2023
Visit site
Experienced the same thing on my Z-fold 3. I don't have the issue on my Asus ROG 7, so I am guessing it is a Samsung issue, rather than an Android 13 issue.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
No such issue on my S20 FE on Android 13. Even on previous Samsungs, an S9 and S8, it wasn't an issue.

No sound or even a pop-up when DND kicks in. Just the DND icon on the status bar appears. That's it.

jael36

May 10, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Interesting, I've never encountered that on my Pixel 7 Pro or Galaxy A32 5G. When you hear that notification, do you see a visual notification as well? If so, long-press that notification and look for the audible notification options -- can you change it to Silent?
Sorry for the late reply. I'll give this a shot. So far, nothing works except to turn off all sounds before DND activates

sgtm8

Sep 11, 2023
Visit site
No such issue on my S20 FE on Android 13. Even on previous Samsungs, an S9 and S8, it wasn't an issue.

No sound or even a pop-up when DND kicks in. Just the DND icon on the status bar appears. That's it.
Now that you mention it, I didn't have the issue with my Note 10 either. Only with my Z-fold 3 did I have the issue.

colinps

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Got the same problem with an a34. It is more of an aggravation than anything, but it does seem counter-productive to have the phone loudly announce it's going silent? Still haven't figured out how to stop it, if that is even possible.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos