Do you keep the factory screen protector on?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've kept mine on, ordered a cheap tempered glass which went on perfect minus that ugly circle for the fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor barely worked, I'm thinking probably because I had left the stock screen protector on underneath it. The stock protector feels good and barely noticeable but I'm considering taking it off and getting Whitestone dome or amfilm ultra. My concern is that they won't fit with my Defender case. I've barely used screen protectors since the s6 edge because tempered glass never worked right for me on the curved screens and I wasn't good at putting film on without bubbles.

Amfilm made a good tempered glass for the note 9 but they broke easily, didn't fit with Otterbox defender etc... I have actually never broke a screen (knock on wood) in my 24 yrs of using a cell phone and the majority of that time was with no screen protector. I have however, scratched many film protectors and shattered many tempered glass protectors. Funny enough when I have dropped my phones without a protector on it, there has never been any damage. Defender cases and even medium size cases have tended to keep my screen from touching any surface I've dropped a phone on. One of my phones even survived unscathed a fall on rocks which I'm sure the screen did come into contact with the rocks. I think the tempered glass breaking many times wouldn't have broken the actual screen based off of most of my experiences. It's more of a mental insurance for me I guess.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Kinda wish I'd left the screen protector on my Ultra now or at least replaced it with a tempered glass one. That's every Galaxy phone I've owned with an edge display since the S7e shattered on first drop for me 😭

Attachments

• 51731.jpg
    51731.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 18

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Kinda wish I'd left the screen protector on my Ultra now or at least replaced it with a tempered glass one. That's every Galaxy phone I've owned with an edge display since the S7e shattered on first drop for me 😭

That image puts a chill down my spine, watching Rambo last blood was easier;)
They need a good case especially for corner protection on these almost no bezel look devices.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
oh man! sorry to see that!
Kinda wish I'd left the screen protector on my Ultra now or at least replaced it with a tempered glass one. That's every Galaxy phone I've owned with an edge display since the S7e shattered on first drop for me

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Kinda wish I'd left the screen protector on my Ultra now or at least replaced it with a tempered glass one. That's every Galaxy phone I've owned with an edge display since the S7e shattered on first drop for me
Ouch ...sorry hear that :(

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
how is that protector, I was thinking about getting it.

It's a great screen protector, works with the fingerprint scanner, adheres well, case friendly. The installation has a lot of steps. 16 all together. There's an adhesive. Mines took about 20 minutes to install. There are some air spots but it comes with 2 protectors so I could do another install if I'd like, you don't notice it when the screen is on and the screen is so well protected I don't care about the 2 spots.

Attachments

• 4722.jpg
    4722.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 21