Do you use intelligent scan or face unlock?

Which one do you use (if any)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
This question is for those that ARE using one, I'm not asking if you use this or the fingerprint or the iris scanner alone. So if you use any of these two, which one?

Face unlock is a lot faster almost immediate during the day or on a well lit room and works on the desk, at an angle, up to 3 feet away.

Intelligent scan uses both face and iris but the face one seems to be inferior as works slower and it won't unlock on the desk, a pop up message comes up saying to put the phone straight and closer to my face and doesn't unlock until I put it straight and at around 1 ft of my face (bummer) BUT it has the advantage that it will still work at night or in the dark because of the iris scanner (but is also slow so I just use fingerprint most of the time in the dark)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Actually Iris Scan has been working surprisingly well today on my Note 8. I've had Intelligent Scan fail more than work on my 9+. Maybe it'll get better.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
In what environment did you set up your iris for each? Can you do the setup again in the exact same environment at the same time? Some recommend do the setup in a completely dark room, others in your most common environment (office, living room) The iris scanner actually works better for me on the S9+ and when I select only iris unlock so the front camera appears on the lock screen picture seems clearer on the S9+ as if front camera wemas better

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
This question is for those that ARE using one, I'm not asking if you use this or the fingerprint or the iris scanner alone. So if you use any of these two, which one?

Face unlock is a lot faster almost immediate during the day or on a well lit room and works on the desk, at an angle, up to 3 feet away.

Intelligent scan uses both face and iris but the face one seems to be inferior as works slower and it won't unlock on the desk, a pop up message comes up saying to put the phone straight and closer to my face and doesn't unlock until I put it straight and at around 1 ft of my face (bummer) BUT it has the advantage that it will still work at night or in the dark because of the iris scanner (but is also slow so I just use fingerprint most of the time in the dark)
Face unlock alone is insecure and can't be used as a security option for Samsung Pay. For this reason alone I use intelligent scan. It's not as fast as the fingerprint sensor or iris sensor alone though.

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I use intelligent Scan on my S9+.
Works really great in any environment. I love it!
I see a lot of bad reviews about it, but I honestly have zero problems with it.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I just set mine up. I was always skeptical about that stuff so I figured I would give it a shot and it works super quick. Really impressed.

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got my Iris, face, and fingerprints all registered. I've been using fingerprints only buy today I'm going to try intelligent scan to see how it goes.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I just use iris scan & it works well... Not a fan of face recognition- On a separate note trusted places has finally started working at home the last 2 days! I dont the like fingerprint on the back so I won't use it til its back on the front in screen...

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Actually, for me, pattern unlock works fastest and most reliably. I clean my screen obsessively, so there's that, for security. Intelligent Scan is nice but, for me, it's not as fast as using a pattern.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Actually, for me, pattern unlock works fastest and most reliably. I clean my screen obsessively, so there's that, for security. Intelligent Scan is nice but, for me, it's not as fast as using a pattern.

For some reason just iris scan works fastest for me... I'm not sure how secure face & iris intelligent scan is either. Pattern is me backup.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
For some reason just iris scan works fastest for me... I'm not sure how secure face & iris intelligent scan is either. Pattern is me backup.

I tried it and I think you're right, so just face unlock or just iris worked faster in the right environment but intelligent scan would work in the dark AND under the sun but slower.

Shamalk

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you seen how fast Vivo or Huawei face unlock works? I Myself own Galaxy s9 plus. But intelligent scan and face unlock both are super slowly compared to the brands I have mentioned. Even in very cheap vivo phones, face unlock is seemlesly fast.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you seen how fast Vivo or Huawei face unlock works? I Myself own Galaxy s9 plus. But intelligent scan and face unlock both are super slowly compared to the brands I have mentioned. Even in very cheap vivo phones, face unlock is seemlesly fast.

The fastest iris scanner i ever tried was Note 8.super fast. Even faster compared to my S9 Plus.

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Wow.. so cool ..
just set up Intelligent scan , it works so fast ..
So cool , It's so convenient bc I use the phone in the car a lot ..
Since its on on the time , do you think it will drain the battery ..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thola051ll