Does anyone know? Is B&N selling off the Nook Div?

suzbluz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I just read a short comment on a blog that B&N is going to spin off their Nook Division. Does anyone know if this is true? If they did, what would happen to the warranty and the books that have been purchased? Heck, what would have been the point of pushing that stupid update 1.4.1? In the same note the writer said there wouldn't be anymore updates. OK, I see that as a good thing. But is this true?

Any techys out there that have info - pleas share. Thanks.

bfollowell

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I doubt that anyone knows if it's true at this point.

True being a relative term at this point. I think it's true that they're looking into it. Most of the information that I've read said as much. I haven't seen any official articles stating that this is definite fact.
As I understand it, this is merely one option that they're considering. I'm pretty sure that anything stating more than that is just speculation.

- Byron

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, B&N wouldn't need to spin it off if they gave their buyers what they wanted. A genuine android tablet experience. If it's not going to be a real tablet with real benefits (except camera and gps) & a large variety of applications then you might as well call it the Nook Color+ or Nook Ereader+. They used to have the android/google play market until they screwed everything up by adding theirs. Plus no root access. I seriously don't recommend the "walled garden" approach for a company like B&N.

I know this might not be real considering this thread was made 4 months ago. But, just saying if they ever consider it again.