Does default default phone app have call recording capabilities in built?

Mahesh Abnave

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to ask you guys something for long but wanted some proof.
I have Nexus 6. I have not modded it at all.
I saw phone app to have call recorder UI many times. But it only appeared for a moment and vanished immediately leaving back normal UI of phone app. Today phone app slowed down / hanged while that recording UI was on screen and I got chance to take screenshot. Luckily I was able to take screenshot.

The screenshot: https://s19.postimg.org/7tw3g146r/Screenshot_20180315-234325.png

My question, does inbuilt phone app comes up with recording functionality out of the box, but somehow disabled ?

(Nexus 6 aka Shamu is very bad at recording calls even with third party apps. )

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That screen shot is the call details of a call you got. If the caller left a voicemail, you'll get the recording line.

Mahesh Abnave

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
ohhh voicemail!!! I never came across voicemail!!! For me it popped up abruptly three-four times for a moment before vanishing whenever I switched back to Phone app.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's because we've been using virtual screens for about 25 years. Sometimes the app opens with the last screen just before it repaints the screen with the one that should be there.

Mahesh Abnave

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
anyways thanks for shedding some light. I tried a lot of apps for call recording on Nexus6. But seems that something is wrong with Nexus6 only. No app is working neatly. Their are many threads discussing the same on xda forums. So I was somewhat excited to think that Phone app has built in call recorder but was disabled for some reason...I was stupid...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796