Does unlocking the phone remove the OTA kit kat Upgrade?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i just got the phone and upgraded OTA to kit kat. Now i want to unlock the bootloader. Would unlocking the bootloader remove kit kat and put the phone back to the default 4.3 OS?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I see...thanks guys, and here i thought that unlocking bootloader or using the "factory reset" in the settings would both return me from android 4.4.2 to android 4.3. i guess not...so the only way to return is to flash 4.3 rom?

Mofus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Unlocking the bootloader will wipe the phone to a factory fresh state just like you took it out of the box. It doesn't not effect past or future updates. If you flash a different recovery ,like TWRP, it won't effect the current status of your phone, but you won't get future updates. You'll have to flash them yourself.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Unlocking the bootloader will wipe the phone to a factory fresh state just like you took it out of the box. It doesn't not effect past or future updates. If you flash a different recovery ,like TWRP, it won't effect the current status of your phone, but you won't get future updates. You'll have to flash them yourself.
Even with custom recovery like TWRP/CWM, u can still get OTA updates, but u cant install it, since its different recovery and need to flash it manual. If TWRP/CWM have OTA flash zip tool and can extract dl OTA zip file from cache folder in the phone. Then manual flash OTA zip at TWRP recovery and of course the phone must be running the stock image too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky