Doesn't play AVI movies?

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I asked for help, not arrogance and insults. You know NOTHING about me or my experience. Nor have you read the thread completely. ALL other devices play media from our PC server (Galaxy Tab, Galaxy phone, laptop, and TV). The problem is only with the ASUS tablet. I know what facial recognition means. I just didn't see where the poster of that item made any mention of whatever app/s in which it was implemented. And just for the record, I have built computers and earned a quit a nice living as a programmer. So maybe now you know a bit more and therefore won't be so quick to make assumptions or pass judgement. But thanks for your thoughts.

No arrogance, insults or assumptions here but if you use BS player it will play avi files. There is something in the encoding that won't allow some avi files to play unless you use the sw decoders, which someone has already said to do. As for streaming from a network post #18 tells you exactly how to do it. I know it works because I used the same article to set it up on my tf700.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, First off, my previous post was directed at Tee Jay Berrier.
As it happens, I can stream to my ASUS tablet, but the problem was that AVI format video wouldn't play. Other formats seem fine. Thanks for your information.

jewpac_shalom

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, i don't know if you're still struggling with this, but to others reading, this may be of use;

i was setting up a tablet for my son yesterday (not an asus, just a cheap android thing) and it was driving me mad why most avi's wouldn't play (a few actually did) using MX Player. I downloaded every codec and alternative player out of frustration, until for some reason my mind switched to the memory card. Firstly, i took the card out and put a couple of movies on the hard disc of the tablet - they worked. Then i used a smaller card - they all worked! I basically had a 32gb card in which it just didn't like. So that solved the problem for me. Either your card may be too big or it could be corrupt.

Worth a try!

HFLDev

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
the stock play can play avi only if is Legal (DVIX) i coverted XVID to dvix and it played it.
so he can't play XVID(RECORDED SERIES) MKV, WMV, MOV , so if is importent file i use BSPLAY PRO. if it's not i delete or try to use stock