Droid comes tomorrow..what to know?!

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Big question.... Where do i find out how much app memory is avaliable? I went to settings/about phone...not there. went to settings/applications...not there neither. Where do i find this? ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS PHONE! So many free apps, not used to that with Blackberry App World.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Big question.... Where do i find out how much app memory is avaliable? I went to settings/about phone...not there. went to settings/applications...not there neither. Where do i find this? ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS PHONE! So many free apps, not used to that with Blackberry App World.

Go to Settings > SD Card & phone storage

At the bottom, under "Internal phone storage"

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Am I reading that right???? 230mb? and i've downloaded 7 apps???? Many this phone just keeps getting better and better. Sorry peeps if im sounding retarded, just used to sh!tty app memory on BB

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
ok one more question....I have my old Storm in hand...i have a bunch of pictured on the Storm memory card that i would love to transfer over to Droid. Is there a way to do this?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Am I reading that right???? 230mb? and i've downloaded 7 apps???? Many this phone just keeps getting better and better. Sorry peeps if im sounding retarded, just used to sh!tty app memory on BB

Most apps are below 1MB in size. I have 13 apps installed and I am sitting at 223 MB's :).

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
ok one more question....I have my old Storm in hand...i have a bunch of pictures on the Storm memory card that i would love to transfer over to Droid. Is there a way to do this?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
ok one more question....I have my old Storm in hand...i have a bunch of pictured on the Storm memory card that i would love to transfer over to Droid. Is there a way to do this?

You can plug your Storm into your computer and transfer your pictures from your Storm to a place on your computer. Then, plug in your Droid to your computer. Make sure you mount the SD card from the Droid after you do this. Then simply drag and drop the pictures onto the SD card in your Droid.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If you have your droid plugged in an slide down the notification bar, it'll give you the option to mount your SD card which will give you access to it from your computer

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Chris, i just came across a forum where you posted screenshots....where do i get the 1. Internal/ SD memory status widgets? 2. that battery status widget? 3. thats widget that, well, it looks like its a all in one toggle between bluetooth, wifi and other things? BTW, Eli is the man....well Peyton is, but love Eli also

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
When you plug the SD card into your computer, there is a new notification in your notification bar..pull the notifications down and select the "USB Connected" notification, from there select "Mount"

That way your SD card becomes a mass storage device, where you can drag and drop files between your sd card and your computer, just be sure when you're done, Safely remove your phone from the computer instead of just pulling the usb cord out

Oops, sorry for the double info post, didn't notice a page 4 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024