DROID DNA 2.xx Moonshine s-off / RevOne S-off RELEASED

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble with Google Now complaining that Location Services is not turned on?

Coincidentally or not, since running moonshine, it thinks that it's off, despite me checking it every which way, and toggling it a few times.

Posted via Android Central App

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble with Google Now complaining that Location Services is not turned on?

Coincidentally or not, since running moonshine, it thinks that it's off, despite me checking it every which way, and toggling it a few times.

Googling around, this may be a general Google location services bug that is (apparently) mostly affecting htc devices after a silent update.

Sucks. I was just starting to like Google Now.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Googling around, this may be a general Google location services bug that is (apparently) mostly affecting htc devices after a silent update.

Sucks. I was just starting to like Google Now.

What version of google play store do you have? This was supposedly fixed with 4.1.10

parallax2

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It's the name of the tgz file that you downloaded. Since there are 3 or 4 different files they made it generic like that. Just type the exact file name in there and you're good.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The Google now locations should only have Google location services turned on only. No other services. I.e. Verizon or standalone.

Sent from my Droid DNA

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
The Google now locations should only have Google location services turned on only. No other services. I.e. Verizon or standalone.

Sent from my Droid DNA

I will test this today. I wasn't aware of this restriction, and it was working prior to yesterday with them enabled (except standalone, which I leave off to save battery).

Doesn't make a lot of sense though. Turn off the gps when you might need navigation?

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You can also go here and they will give you step by step instructions on how to root and get a custom recovery after you use either RevOne or moonshine

[HOW-TO] Install a Custom Recovery and Root | Droid DNA > XDA

also if you go the moonshine route since it downloads Super USer you can just download rom manager from the playstore and then instal CWM from there and you're all ready to flash roms

Last edited:

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I am currently running the Moonshine method for Windows. Everything has been going fine until it booted into bootloader for the 2nd time. Now I have been "Waiting for fastboot <8/60>" for ten minutes now. I don't want to just reboot or unplug my phone and risk bricking it. Help please! :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD