Droid -> Incredible with MyBackup Pro

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
So, I had a Droid, loved it, etc. Decided to get an Incredible.

I backed up everything with MyBackup Pro – SMS, photos, data, playlists, etc. to my Droid's SD card. It was running stock 2.1-update1 and had never been rooted (surprise!).

When I get my HTC Incredible in the mail on Wednesday (eBay ftw), will I be able to transfer everything back with MyBackup Pro, a few things, or is it just overall impossible because the phones are so different (Sense, etc.)? It's all still on the SD card, which I intend on shoving back into the Incredible when it arrives.

Anyone tried this? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks to all who can help. :)

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I did the exact samething with my DROID. I installed all my apps and such. One thing I did not do was restore my contacts and calendar since my gmail account will sync those anyway. I was able to restore my call log all my SMS/MMS and such.

Worked really well actually.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I did the exact samething with my DROID. I installed all my apps and such. One thing I did not do was restore my contacts and calendar since my gmail account will sync those anyway. I was able to restore my call log all my SMS/MMS and such.

Worked really well actually.

Did the Market recognize your apps as being installed?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes even paid apps which it showed I needed updates even though I was running current version

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
Paid apps that show updates will work and all, but unpaid ones with updates won't show up on the store (but will say "installed") until you uninstall and reinstall. Weird.