DROID MINI: 4.4.4 KitKat (21.11.21.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
After skipping 4.4.2, Motorola will be skipping 4.4.3 as well.

Here's an update from David Schuster of Motorola on Google+:

Sorry for the delay in giving an update on the 4.4.3 upgrades but I had to wait unit Google announced KitKat 4.4.4 today (I am bound by a NDA). A significant security vulnerability was discovered by OpenSSL (https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt) and is fixed in KitKat 4.4.4. We had to wait until KitKat 4.4.4 became available. Consequently, all of our 4.4.3 upgrades that were in carrier labs worldwide (including the 2013 Droid's) had to be respun, tested and resubmitted again. This was a significant unplanned effort that we had to undertake. We should be re-entering labs next week and hopefully getting TA (technical approval) in 3 to 5 weeks later depending on the carrier.

Verizon posts change log for Android 4.4.4 update for Droid Ultra, Maxx, and Mini | Android Central

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e..._update/droid-mini-7-10-14.pdf&token=fbzva5qY

Software Version 21.11.21.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US.

ANDROID 4.4.4 KIT KAT
  • Stability, framework and security improvements
  • Bluetooth connectivity has been improved

CAMERA
  • Improved camera picture quality
    • Improved photos in fluorescent lighting
    • Enhanced dynamic range
  • Ability to pause video recording
    • Offers pause/resume button on the viewfinder

VERIZON APPLICATIONS
  • The latest versions of these apps have been added:
    • VZ Cloud
    • Visual Voicemail: View caller, voicemail details and access messages on-screen

ISIS WALLET
  • ISIS Wallet Mobile app has been added
    • Process contactless payment

Last edited:

RexMaximus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: DROID MINI: 4.4.4 Update (skipping 4.4.3)

The Droids' future updates are looking more and more like Duke Nukem Forever's dev cycle. At least software security's a legit excuse for delay.

Posted via Android Central App

RexMaximus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Ooh, thank you. Might try this out. Hopefully it can fix the battery life issues I've had since 4.4.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Verizon posts change log for Android 4.4.4 update for Droid Ultra, Maxx, and Mini | Android Central

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e..._update/droid-mini-7-10-14.pdf&token=wjdtOOIl

Software Version 21.11.21.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US.

ANDROID 4.4.4 KIT KAT
  • Stability, framework and security improvements
  • Bluetooth connectivity has been improved

CAMERA
  • Improved camera picture quality
    • Improved photos in fluorescent lighting
    • Enhanced dynamic range
  • Ability to pause video recording
    • Offers pause/resume button on the viewfinder

VERIZON APPLICATIONS
  • The latest versions of these apps have been added:
    • VZ Cloud
    • Visual Voicemail: View caller, voicemail details and access messages on-screen

ISIS WALLET
  • ISIS Wallet Mobile app has been added
    • Process contactless payment

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Note: Motorola does periods of push until they make it available for pull. Your location does not matter.

RexMaximus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds weird, but my favorite thing about the update is that it fixed some longstanding issues with Tasker.

The notification shade didn't play nice with simple Tasker operations that disabled the lockscreen when on a home Wi-Fi or cell network. You tapped a notification and the lockscreen came back, then you had to disable and reenable the task for it to work again. Basically, you had to manually start apps to get to your notifications, rendering the shade slightly useless.

Now, you can hit notifications and keep your task running like it's supposed to. I've seen the issue go back at least as far as ICS, so I'm glad 4.4.4 finally fixed it.