DROID TURBO 2 Update: Nougat 25.11.10.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

gnznroses

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the update, but deferred the install the other day. Didn't want to do it at work. Since deferring the update, I never got the pop up asking to install. It shows that the update was deferred but I can't figure out how to install it now. I hit check for updates and it says im up to date, but when I check update history it shows the october update being the last one installed...

Anyone ever run into this and have a solution as to how to get the phone to recognize that its not up to date?

Have this same problem too. Was offered the update a week ago and now still can't get it to offer it again

Hanko

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone else who can't switch between the front & back camera's while the camera app is open since the upgrade to N?

Last edited:

gnznroses

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Posted on another forum:

FYI, I spoke with Motorola today. The guy told me they pulled the 7.0 update due to bugs. So anyone that has it just was in the batch of phones to receive it first. They did offer to replace my phone, and he said the one coming would be on marshmallow until they fix the update. As for us on 7.0 already, you're SOL. No ETA on a patch, either

Good thing I waited I guess

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Posted on another forum:

FYI, I spoke with Motorola today. The guy told me they pulled the 7.0 update due to bugs. So anyone that has it just was in the batch of phones to receive it first. They did offer to replace my phone, and he said the one coming would be on marshmallow until they fix the update. As for us on 7.0 already, you're SOL. No ETA on a patch, either

Good thing I waited I guess
Isn't that what soak tests are for? :confused:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Soak tests are final software.

Shouldn't soak tests only be final software if they have no bugs that are uncovered during the actual test? I'm not sure I see the point of a soak test that asks people to report problems if they are just going to release the software anyway.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't soak tests only be final software if they have no bugs that are uncovered during the actual test? I'm not sure I see the point of a soak test that asks people to report problems if they are just going to release the software anyway.

..Has roll out stopped? Can't get it via upgrade assistant?

That's how soak tests have historically been. "You're testing final software"

In all honesty, I feel like Motorola soak tests are just there so they can test the roll out process.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, rollout has not stopped. Several hours ago, a system update was initiated to my phone. It's paused right now, since I'm not connected via WiFi, but as soon as I get home, it will commence.

I don't want the update.....

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
No update for me yet. Not Abigail deal as my daily driver is the motoZ play with 7.0 but I'm surprised this turbo 2 hasn't gotten the update yet. It's not activated does that matter?

Veteater

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyone else who can't switch between the front & back camera's while the camera app is open since the upgrade to N?

I had to switch to a different camera app bc the update broke the app. For some reason if I tapped anywhere in the camera interface (not including the function wheel when you swipe left), it would snap a picture. If I tapped on the video button or the camera direction switcher, it would snap a picture. Also, I can't zoom in, change the brightness of the picture, or really do anything except take pictures or selfies (I don't take selfies). But I might be the only one here who isn't having Messenger issues though....

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I got the update right after it started rolling out. I have had no bugs at all. Does anyone know exactly what bugs were found?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the update right after it started rolling out. I have had no bugs at all. Does anyone know exactly what bugs were found?

Apparently everyone who upgraded should have battery life problems.

Do you not have he camera issue above?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I had to switch to a different camera app bc the update broke the app. For some reason if I tapped anywhere in the camera interface (not including the function wheel when you swipe left), it would snap a picture. If I tapped on the video button or the camera direction switcher, it would snap a picture. Also, I can't zoom in, change the brightness of the picture, or really do anything except take pictures or selfies (I don't take selfies). But I might be the only one here who isn't having Messenger issues though....

I'm guessing the you changed the display settings from the default to small or large. Try setting it back.

See https://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo-2/773321-nougat-camera-bug.html#post5694757

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod