DROID TURBO 2 vs. G4

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
re: Thinking of returning the DROID Turbo 2 for the LG G4

What a strange post!

Within an hour of posting you change your mind :)

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I have a G4 and like the T2 better. The camera is far better on the G4 but I like the Moto notifications and the battery life with the T2. I'm thinking of piking up another Moto X Pure though.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I have a G4 and like the T2 better. The camera is far better on the G4 but I like the Moto notifications and the battery life with the T2. I'm thinking of piking up another Moto X Pure though.

Have you got the Pure as well as the T2? As I am so on the fence as I was going to get the Style (UK) but then I saw the T2 and as much as I like the Style the battery life isn't great by all accounts and the T2 has a nice big battery but is £150 more expensive and that's the problem I am having, is the T2 that much better than the Style :)

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Have you got the Pure as well as the T2? As I am so on the fence as I was going to get the Style (UK) but then I saw the T2 and as much as I like the Style the battery life isn't great by all accounts and the T2 has a nice big battery but is £150 more expensive and that's the problem I am having, is the T2 that much better than the Style :)
I have both. Unfortunately, my Pure is in the process of being replaced due to a defective screen (being built now according to Moto). I love both phones. Prefer the size and battery of the T2, but love the screen and unlocked nature of the Pure too. It will be tough to decide which to use once I have both working at the same time. I'll probably switch back and forth for a while.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site

And getting LG g4.
This phone has been too large at times.

A cache wipe fixed that?

I'm going to have to look at the type of memory that is in these phones...

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I have both. Unfortunately, my Pure is in the process of being replaced due to a defective screen (being built now according to Moto). I love both phones. Prefer the size and battery of the T2, but love the screen and unlocked nature of the Pure too. It will be tough to decide which to use once I have both working at the same time. I'll probably switch back and forth for a while.
I was planning to order a Turbo 2 to compare along side my MXPE, but waited too long to be able to compare them within the MXPE 14 day return window. Would love to hear more of your thoughts when your MXPE comes back.

It's not much smaller, but I thought I'd appreciate the slight size improvement knowing it also came with a bigger battery packed in there.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I was planning to order a Turbo 2 to compare along side my MXPE, but waited too long to be able to compare them within the MXPE 14 day return window. Would love to hear more of your thoughts when your MXPE comes back.

It's not much smaller, but I thought I'd appreciate the slight size improvement knowing it also came with a bigger battery packed in there.

The bigger battery really appeals to me but is it worth £150 more than the Pure/Style that's the problem I am having as I am happy to buy the Style but there are so many reviews that say the battery life is mediocre at best and I am sure the X Force/Droid 2 will have a far superior battery life.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site

The bigger battery really appeals to me but is it worth £150 more than the Pure/Style that's the problem I am having as I am happy to buy the Style but there are so many reviews that say the battery life is mediocre at best and I am sure the X Force/Droid 2 will have a far superior battery life.

If you're able to hold on for 2-3 months. It should drop £100 or so

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

After my first week with the Moto X Pure battery leveled out really nice. No complaints here

Posted via the Android Central App

sava700

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

I swapped mine out for a new one the other night due to battery issue and it restarting on its own.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I swapped mine out for a new one the other night due to battery issue and it restarting on its own.

What restart issues were you having? Mine restarted in is own at dinner tonight. I thought I may have accidentally done it my pocket by now I'm thinking it wasn't me.

Never mind just noticed the next post. I'll look for the other thread.

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Should do...you can already get it for £480
SIM Free Moto X Force Unlocked - 32GB - Black

Just another £80 to drop then :) it is £499 from Motorola so a £20 is neither here nor there as you will always get an online retailer who does that, I would really want to buy it from John Lewis as they give you a two year guarantee but for some strange reason theirs is £549!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon