Droid turbo 2 will not recognize the msd card. Please help a brother out.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Droid Turbo 2 will not recognize the msd card. The Phone itself only has 32 G so I do need the extra space for media. I have 2 different cards and my Mac reads them but the DT2 doesn't even recognize that there is a card inserted. I would so appreciate it if someone could give me some ideas as to what to try next.Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Droid Turbo 2 will not recognize the msd card. The Phone itself only has 32 G so I do need the extra space for media. I have 2 different cards and my Mac reads them but the DT2 doesn't even recognize that there is a card inserted. I would so appreciate it if someone could give me some ideas as to what to try next.Thanks!
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Spankler

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
This wasn't the Droid Turbo 2 I was looking for...

Hi all, I have a Droid Turbo 2 that is not reading a class 10 16 or 32G msd card. I have read through a lot of these forums, and have yet to find something that works. I have tried rebooting my phone in safe mode, cleared cached data from Settings>Storage>>Internal Shared Storage. Nothing. Tried turning debugging off and on, the same. Made sure that the USB option was set to MTP. Tried putting a piece of tape on the back to life it in case it wasn’t making contact. Nothing again. When I look either on the screen, it doesn't have a message, it just indicates that there isn't a card inserted. Also, when I try to hook it up to my Mac, Android file transfer says "Can't access device storage -- Make sure your device is unlocked and "File Transfer" or "MTP" mode is selected. I just brought that up in case they might be related. I’m really lost here, guys. Does anyone have any other ideas? Please help!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: This wasn't the Droid Turbo 2 I was looking for...

Have you tried formatting it on a PC, or in your case a Mac? Not sure if you can even format a card on a Mac... but if you can, try just formatting the card as FAT32, and stick it back in the phone. Not sure why some cards and/or card sizes don't always format in the device but once formatted it should read it. I'm also a bit surprised that any tip would give you, place a piece of tape on the back but not format it in another device but whatever. Try formatting it externally and see what happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Duplicate threads merged.

The first thing I'd do is take the card out of the phone and insert it into your computer's SD card reader. If the computer doesn't even see it, it's dead. If it can read it, then you can try using chkdsk (on a PC) to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html. If that doesn't help, then reformatting it is the next step, as suggested by VidJunky.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter