e:can't mount /cache/recovery/command

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Stuck on Samsung boot screen. Have tried to flash Gummycharged 2.0 and 2.1 over again and even odin cwm

My one experience with this error is when my SD card was corrupt. Just one day out of no where the phone started freaking out. I though it was a ROM issue so I tried reflashing, etc. I was able to reflash and everything so its a little different.

The problem was that my phone wouldn't work with the SD card in. As soon as I popped it out it the phone worked flawlessly.

billknust

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Did a little more research, and the concensus seems to be the phone is pretty much bricked. I did manage to odin it back to stock ee4, and it just boot loops the eyeball. Tried everything out there last night. I am heading to Verizon in 5 minutes to see if they are fooled enough to give me a new one.

It was so weird because everything was running fine yesterday, then my battery drained and phone shut off. I went back to put it on charger. I plugged it in and tried to turn it back on and it just stuck on the Samsung screen.

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Did a little more research, and the concensus seems to be the phone is pretty much bricked. I did manage to odin it back to stock ee4, and it just boot loops the eyeball. Tried everything out there last night. I am heading to Verizon in 5 minutes to see if they are fooled enough to give me a new one.

It was so weird because everything was running fine yesterday, then my battery drained and phone shut off. I went back to put it on charger. I plugged it in and tried to turn it back on and it just stuck on the Samsung screen.

Did you try taking the SD card out and then booting it up? Before I took it out my phone was looping a few times and would eventually start up (sometimes it took 10 minutes).

billknust

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you try taking the SD card out and then booting it up? Before I took it out my phone was looping a few times and would eventually start up (sometimes it took 10 minutes).

Yeah, believe me I tried everything. I tried the Samsung PST. I tried ODINing every build from ed1 to ee4 to cwm and flashing gummy charged 2.0. Nothing worked. They are shipping me a new phone that should be here Monday, and I am back to my enV Touch for the time being. Guess I learned my lesson when it comes to rooting. Looks like stock GB for me from now on.

bcmatz

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

BRICKED - NOT SO: read here, follow the instructions and voila, you will be back in business!!!

Last edited:

kayhoe

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
reading threw your problem , im new/ish at this and my samsung droid charge has the same problem to a T . i noticed the above post had a link to download a fix for the problem but it was for the nexus s . this may be a noob question but would that download be compatible with the charge as well or would it be specifically for the nexus s ? if not compatible would there be one having the same fix download for the charge ??

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
that msg above does seem to be outta place, but my droid charge thinks its a Galaxy S11.. so who knows..but there is a fix for the prob.. but since you've cleard up things and have a new one coming theres not much to be said.. enjoy..

PS> dont let the brick thingy worry u so much.. most of the time the brick can be undone as long as you can get to the down load on the phone and connect to odin.. once there ev things a wizz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco24