EA games and Gameloft games don't play nice on US Version

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I saw this one coming....

2 EA games that I own, Dead Space and Mass Effect Infiltrator will not run on the US version of the GS3. On my Sprint version, the games install fine, downloads all its extra stuff, but then, when you start the games, they both crash back to the homescreen during the opening cinematic cutscene. Oh well....

Gameloft games will let you download them from the Play Store and install them, but as soon as you get to the point where they would download the rest of the game to the phone you get the message that your device is not compatible with this game.

The good news is that I don't really care for most of those games to begin with, except for Backstab, that was fun. The games I do like, like Shadowgun, Reckless Racing 1 and 2, Shine Runner, Sprinkle, all the Angry Birds all run flawlessly.

Hope they fix this though. This phone is bound to become very popular, it's hardware is the same on all 4 carriers, they better fix it!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the notice. I wont be buying any games for this baby (if it ever comes in :mad: ) until you let me know that they work properly. So keep me updated. lol

robnelle

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this info. I had the same problem with my prepurchased Gameloft games. I tried going to download them straight from Gameloft's site. I could not find my model number (SPH L710) in their device list.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the notice. I wont be buying any games for this baby (if it ever comes in :mad: ) until you let me know that they work properly. So keep me updated. lol

Still waiting on it? I picked mine up at around 4:00 PM today. The only short brakes I had was when I was driving home, 2 phone calls, and when I ate, the whole entire time I was setting it up and installing apps. A little note on battery life here. I charged it to 100% and then started installing. For the next 5 hours it was non stop downloading and trying out apps, and I mean non stop. When it was at 15% I had mercy on it and plugged it in. That's not just heavy usage that's extreme usage. I have high hopes for it having very good battery life with just my regular usage.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on it? I picked mine up at around 4:00 PM today. The only short brakes I had was when I was driving home, 2 phone calls, and when I ate, the whole entire time I was setting it up and installing apps. A little note on battery life here. I charged it to 100% and then started installing. For the next 5 hours it was non stop downloading and trying out apps, and I mean non stop. When it was at 15% I had mercy on it and plugged it in. That's not just heavy usage that's extreme usage. I have high hopes for it having very good battery life with just my regular usage.

Yep, my local Best Buy sucks. Lol, poor Galaxy S3. The battery life sounds really good then Manny. The phone didnt get hot while doing all this downloading did it? When updating just 2-3 apps on my Palm Pre it felt like it would catch fire. Haha, even just leaving it on the charger made it hot sometimes. I am so glad it will be gone sometime within the next week

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
These companies havent updated apps for the s3 yet... when they do all crashes will be fixed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep, my local Best Buy sucks. Lol, poor Galaxy S3. The battery life sounds really good then Manny. The phone didnt get hot while doing all this downloading did it? When updating just 2-3 apps on my Palm Pre it felt like it would catch fire. Haha, even just leaving it on the charger made it hot sometimes. I am so glad it will be gone sometime within the next week

It got a bit warm, but nothing close to hot. By the way, this picture illustrates nicely what a jump you are about to take compared to the phones I have owned. :)
View attachment 28493

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582