Early leaks on fold 5

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I wont upgrade unless good trade-in
I won't either. Well I should say it will need a lot of improvements display wise like the S23U. I like the top display on the S22U, not saying the fold 4 is bad, it's good, just the S22U has a very nice display, I have to give that phone credit there. Spen built in and can use it on both outside and inside screen. No camera at all on the inside screen.

I will have 2 S23U phones for back to then so I might trade one of those in, then I would have a fold and a candy bar phone for back up. I know, first world problems.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I won't either. Well I should say it will need a lot of improvements display wise like the S23U. I like the top display on the S22U, not saying the fold 4 is bad, it's good, just the S22U has a very nice display, I have to give that phone credit there. Spen built in and can use it on both outside and inside screen. No camera at all on the inside screen.

I will have 2 S23U phones for back to then so I might trade one of those in, then I would have a fold and a candy bar phone for back up. I know, first world problems.

I like that problem

Im very happy with Fold 4 was even happy with Fold 3 just the little improvements on the 4 made it even better plus got it for 650.00

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I like that problem

Im very happy with Fold 4 was even happy with Fold 3 just the little improvements on the 4 made it even better plus got it for 650.00
I'm doubtful we will be able to get that price on the 5. My opinion if you trade in the fold 4 or the S23U you should get $1,000 trade in. Fold is high priced, trading in a year old fold should bring top dollar, and trading in a top of line S23U that's 6 months old should bring toy dollar.

I'm hoping the higher up front cost of the fold phone and the fact Samsung is pushing folding phones will up the trade in values. Fingers crossed. $1,000 trade INS will get me to upgrade to fold 5.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm doubtful we will be able to get that price on the 5. My opinion if you trade in the fold 4 or the S23U you should get $1,000 trade in. Fold is high priced, trading in a year old fold should bring top dollar, and trading in a top of line S23U that's 6 months old should bring toy dollar.

I'm hoping the higher up front cost of the fold phone and the fact Samsung is pushing folding phones will up the trade in values. Fingers crossed. $1,000 trade INS will get me to upgrade to fold 5.

I agree

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I may upgrade, but I will be curious to see what Oppo and others have out at or near that time.
Oppo has interesting Fold but im in the US so if something happens to it no warranty and i really dont know how good they are compared to Samsung which seems to be leader in Foldable

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
99% chance I'm upgrading. If rumors hold somewhat true - improved camera, battery life, etc.

Initially wanted the pixel fold, but the bezels on their first gen looks ridiculous.

My fold has become my daily as I am having trouble going back to regular slab (as my daily).

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Anyone else considering pixel fold?

How's everyones Fold 4 holding up?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else considering pixel fold?

How's everyones Fold 4 holding up?

My fold 4 is holding up great.

If the pixle fold leaked prices are true ($1,750) I will stay with fold. Fold is going on 5th generation versus pixle first. I didn't do the fold first either, first generations are risky. Not to mention, I'm same price range as Samsung fold I'll stick with Samsung n

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
My fold 4 is holding up great.

If the pixle fold leaked prices are true ($1,750) I will stay with fold. Fold is going on 5th generation versus pixle first. I didn't do the fold first either, first generations are risky. Not to mention, I'm same price range as Samsung fold I'll stick with Samsung n

Right on! Outside of the minimal creaking noise when I open it, mines held up well too.

I keep going back and forth on the Pixel Fold. Dave2d had a cast model on one of his reviews and the bezels were a bit disappointing.

Now if I can't get a Galaxy Fold with a pixel camera and Samsung video, then I would be complete

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I will upgrade if either of the following are present: 1) integrated s-Pen or 2) they figure out how to make the hinge dust resistant so the phone can get an IP-68 rating

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I also have some minimal creaking and it doesn't always want to open all the way, but the phone is still in pretty good shape.

Are any of the other folds dust resistant? I'm thinking dust resistance might be tough given the hinges.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just hope Samsung don't do the same trading for S23 where the carrier have the control how credit is done.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I’d be very interested to see how those trade in values show up on release date… most definitely will not upgrade if they are as crappy as this last release

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85