Earphones glitching phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung galaxy s10+, and I have bought lots of different earphones before. Almost every single pair have done the following things. If I'm on YouTube they will pause, play and skip videos without me touching anything, they will randomly turn my volume up by 2, and a thing the earphones do is if you hold down the button on the earphones, they will make a little ding noise and tell you the time, and pause any audio whilst doing it. The earphones will do this even without touching the button. As I said before, this has happened with multiple pairs of different branded earphones.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If these are wired headphones you need to make sure they have the wiring that's compatible with the S10 line, otherwise you get the artifacts you describe (and, in some cases, no audio on one or both earbuds unless you partially connect the plug). One of the 'tells' of this is the action button activating itself or the volume/track changes (as if the volume/control buttons had been pressed).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the earphones you're getting aren't specifically "Made for iPhone." Those are specifically designed for the older iPhone and iPod jacks, which of course have to be slightly different from everyone else's.

If your earphones are universal (or specifically compatible with Android), then make sure (a) the headphone jack is completely clear of debris, and (b) you're pushing the plug all the way in. To clean out the headphone jack, use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a toothpick to root around. When you push the plug in, you should feel or hear it click into place.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia