Easy fix to route phone call audio to 3.5mm jack when using vehicle dock

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

Wife has a droid 4, just decided she wanted a car dock. So we ordered the oem version from Amazon. She absolutely loves it, however the phone is not routing phone call audio to the earpiece jack which is connected to car stereo via cassette adapter (don't laugh). She wants to hear incoming phone call audio through the car stereo speakers. Any how, wanted to see if there was a setting we were overlooking. My note 2 has such a setting to enable/disable audio to the phone's speakers. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay... Talk about Duh!! My wife was not home when I posted originally so didn't get a chance to fully investigate until last night. Problem was not technical at all, the plug at the end of the wire coming from the cassette adapter would not fully seat in the earpiece jack when the phone was in the dock. The hole on the side of the dock is too small for that plug to completely connect into the jack. I got a spare 3.5 mm audio cable that had a small plug end that fit properly through the hole, and got a coupler to connect the two cables. Viola! Problem solved, all audio now comes out the car stereo speakers. Sorry to waste everyones time...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej