Eeks! Say goodbye to unlimited data plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Brite1

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I am just wondering why there is no mention about Verizon eliminating the unlimited data on users who use more than 100 GB a month and cancelling your contract if you don't pick one of their new plans that was just on Yahoo yesterday? Come on A/C, you're slipping! :)

We live just outside of the city limits and there is no WiFi and no bundled packages and because I have 2 lines with unlimited data on the phones and both have unlimited hotspots.....they say only 1% of us are left.....I easily use the 100 GB everyone streaming music when I drive and Google navigation. Also, my Directv is hooked up to the hotspot and that alone without even using the on-demand features, uses aboiut 30 GB on my Mom's phone.

Eeks! Say goodbye to unlimited data plans

Gigabyte gobblers of America, we hate to be the bearers of bad news. After all, it’s totally human to use a lot of data. TBH, who hasn’t gone a little bit over their monthly data plan? Tweets must be tweeted! Facebook statuses updated! And don’t even get us started on Pokémon Go!

The CW/giphy
Unfortunately, dear friends, the glorious days of unlimited data usage are about to come to an end.

According to PCWorld, Verizon (who is the only company doing this so far) will now notify clients who use “extraordinary” amounts of data that their unlimited plans will expire for good on August 31. (Yikes!)

And it gets even scarier.

Customers who don’t make the switch to other data plans by that date will have their accounts disconnected.

The CW/giphy
We know, Rogelio! We know!

It turns out this is nothing new, so we probably don’t need to be too worried.

Verizon stopped offering unlimited data plans back in 2011. Since then, the cellular giant has been paring down the number of people still on such data plans by forcing them to switch once they upgraded to 4G LTE. These drastic new measures are aimed at continuing the cutbacks, starting with the biggest, aka “extraordinary,” data users.

They’ll reportedly affect only “a small group” of users, so most of us are probably safe.

But how do we know if we’re an “extraordinary user” or not (after all it sounds like a pretty awesome word we wouldn’t mind be labeled with).

Verizon says they consider an “extraordinary user” anyone who uses more than 100 GB a month. That’s more than the company offers in their largest monthly family plan! And even if you do manage to bring down the wrath of Verizon by exceeding a hundred gigabytes, you’ll be able to reactivate your account within 50 days by switching plans.

So though you may have to modify your plan, never fear – you can probably still tweet, update, and Pokémon Go like there’s no tomorrow.

EDIT: My bad

tdizzel
AC wrote about it a week ago. If you're going to criticize the site, at least pay attention to what they write. There's enough to complain about legitimately, but when you ask them why they haven't written about something, but they have written about it, you just come off looking like someone who likes to complain for the sake of complaining.

You voted 'down'.
38 min ago

Last edited:

1Brite1

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks LeoRex. Since you are a moderator, can you delete this posting? Already getting the haters comments. Sorry about that. I check out A/C everyday and never saw this article. Not sure how I missed it. Thanks for the links!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej