Engadget Review

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Harsh...

Ultimately, the EVO 3D is a Sensation with a lesser camera, cheaper materials, worse battery life, and without the ability to roam worldwide. But hey, it's got 3D and the best dedicated two-stage camera button that's ever graced a phone. That's worth something, right?

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Harsh...

Ultimately, the EVO 3D is a Sensation with a lesser camera, cheaper materials, worse battery life, and without the ability to roam worldwide. But hey, it's got 3D and the best dedicated two-stage camera button that's ever graced a phone. That's worth something, right?

First of all, megapixels mean almost nothing when it comes to a phone's camera. Nowhere in these reviews was it mentioned the camera was worse than than of the sensation. Read other reviews, it states that the evo 3d could get through an entire day with moderate-heavy usage. And also the cheap materials part is a one you made up.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
First of all, megapixels mean almost nothing when it comes to a phone's camera. Nowhere in these reviews was it mentioned the camera was worse than than of the sensation. Read other reviews, it states that the evo 3d could get through an entire day with moderate-heavy usage. And also the cheap materials part is a one you made up.

I know that. Not only am I a pro photographer, the 5MP camera on my Nexus is worlds better than the 8MP camera on my Evo ever was. Made up? LOL. Its a direct quote. Read the article there kid.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well it seems the norm in these tech site reviews is the phone is great, but they don't like the 3D. But they also think 3D is a gimmick. Bottom line is , if your like me and are buying this phone for everything but the 3D, it looks like we're getting a great device.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Yeah ... I noticed that he said the 5mp has less quality than the 8mp which is 100% wrong ... As you say Megapixals does NOT determine quality output.

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they also did the battery test with 4g on the whole time which was pretty unrealistic as most of us will only turn it on when we need it so i think that isn't a valid point

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they also did the battery test with 4g on the whole time which was pretty unrealistic as most of us will only turn it on when we need it so i think that isn't a valid point
exactly. In the video I believe she said she enabled 3G, 4G, and GPS, pushing 3 email accounts and Twitter all while taking 3D pics and 3D videos. That amount of intense usage will kill any battery and doesn't remotely replicate the way I personally use my the phone at any one time.

acf3passion

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Man, I have to take off my fanboy goggle as I've preordered (can cancel anytime). Things that bother me:

-Camera sucks. This is a BIG minus for me, as I REALLY want a quality 2D camera to almost replace my stand-alone digicam.

-Just like the original, the lenses rise on the back. This is bothering me. Why do they do this so it can be scratched Very easily?

-3D is a gimmick, but I counted that off anyway

I'm seriously considering Galaxy S2... but I'm god damn sick of waiting more....

Reactions: Shenaniguns

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering Galaxy S2... but I'm god damn sick of waiting more....

Looks like the S2 is coming July 24th...I am for sure waiting now. Not only to see how bad the 3D issues will be but if the S2 will be the same version it is in Europe. If so, I will be selling my Nexus to get it.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the S2 is coming July 24th...I am for sure waiting now. Not only to see how bad the 3D issues will be but if the S2 will be the same version it is in Europe. If so, I will be selling my Nexus to get it.

Hopefully it won't be pushed back into August like the Epic 4G was.

niknag

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Man, I have to take off my fanboy goggle as I've preordered (can cancel anytime). Things that bother me:

-Camera sucks. This is a BIG minus for me, as I REALLY want a quality 2D camera to almost replace my stand-alone digicam.

-Just like the original, the lenses rise on the back. This is bothering me. Why do they do this so it can be scratched Very easily?

Yeh I have the same exact sentiments after seeing some of these reviews. Wasn't expecting the 3d to be anything more than a gimmick, but not being able to shoot quality 2d pics, lens' still protruding, no 1080p 2d video support, some call quality issues (still), and a mediocre battery life...and to wait this long...

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com

not sure what you were expecting from the camera... IMO they all suck compared to a point and shoot. But, they are generally good enough for why I have them.

the camera on the back has been shown to rise from day 1... why are you complaining about this like it's new?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Harsh...

It can roam worldwide, that's why it has a GSM/WiMax radio, you should read it all.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886