Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorials

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Epic 4G Touch Getting Started: Tips, Tricks, FAQ's & Tutorial

I am trying to find out what the little hole just above the volume rocker, my silicone case even has a cut out for this hole:?

It's a hole for a lanyard strap, so you can attach wrist, neck, or accessory straps. If you pull off your battery cover you can see a tiny little bar that you'd loop around.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

What does it mean to 'Share' or 'Share an Application'?

Rob,

Check out the Getting Started section on Cut, Copy, Paste, and Share for this:
Share Options
You can share a link to a YouTube Video, website, or an app in the Android Market, etc. via:
? Email
? Facebook
? Twitter
? Text message

Sharing Apps
?
MyAppSharer - You can share a link to an app in the Android Market. MyAppSharer let's you email the actual app apk.
?
Bump - Bump another Android or iPhone to share photos, contacts, or a link to an app in the Android Market.
You are asking really great questions. If you are at this point, come over to the dark side and try out the 500 features and tricks in the Getting Started. Many are not documented anywhere. Few are in the manuals.

But there are a tremendous number of features unique to the Samsung/Galaxy S II/TouchWiz 4. I have done a few of them up as posts:
? 25 Reasons to Consider the Epic 4G Touch
? How to Connect a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard
? 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch
? The Samsung Expanded Clipboard
? Customize the Epic 4G Touch Lock Screen
? Epic 4G Touch App Folders
? Increase Epic 4G Touch Data Speeds
? Change the Epic 4G Touch to "Pure" Android Without Rooting

I am Milo from PreCentral. I also did the getting started guides for the Pre.

Right now I am just having a ball with the Epic 4G Touch!

Reactions: rlanza1054

jazzmanx33

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: 30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You

I'm on my fourth charge so far and I started my day at 8 am at full charge. I used Bluetooth for 15 minutes on the way to work. I don't have wifi at work so I ran 3G all day from 9-5 with Facebook being checked, texting quite frequently, email and weather syncing, and using twitter occassionally. I used Bluetooth on the way home and spent an hour and a half on the phone after that. From 6:30 on, I've run 4G the whole time (I live in Baltimore and get excellent 4G connections and speeds) with an hour of YouTube watching ontop of browsing/Facebook/texting with a live wallpaper running the whole time I had 4G on. I'm trying to kill this battery basically and I'm not succeeding. I'm typing on this right now and my stats on the display being on is 2 hours and 40 minutes. I'm still at 35% and Ive had the phone running for almost 14 hours.

Needless to say, this phone is the best phone period. The battery is amazing.

If this is true, I want to know what magic pixie dust you sprinkled on the phone, or what power monster I have on mine that keeps eating my battery away, because right now I'm at a loss...

I purchased the phone on Saturday, installed a few apps and whatnot, and didn't add any widgets other than the ones that came active on the phone when it was first turned on. I let the battery run to 0% on Sunday so I could fully charge it to 100% overnight for Monday morning.

I unplugged it at 7:30am, and by 2pm, it was at 29%. During that time, I had 4G or WiFi on sporadically (Manhattan area), had a fair few text messages, emails (both corporate and gmail accounts) and gtalk conversations, but nothing was constant, and I was certainly around the same level I used my EVO 4G just a week earlier, and that phone would be at about 55-65% at the same point in the day. The phone is now off and charging up as I write this.

What is up with this phone, or it's user? Any ideas?

Knoidea513

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

the screen is bigger and there's more power under the hood of the Samsung galaxy two vs that evo4g

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

If this is true, I want to know what magic pixie dust you sprinkled on the phone...
Here is where the pixie dust is kept:

30+ Hours Battery Life

You have some setting, app or widget that is robbing you blind. Follow those steps and you can get amazing battery life. But if you are using apps like streaming music, watching movies, RPG, GPS navigation, etc., there is no phone that can give you many hours. Consider a charger or an external battery.

ravenas

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

It's a hole for a lanyard strap, so you can attach wrist, neck, or accessory straps. If you pull off your battery cover you can see a tiny little bar that you'd loop around.

There's a wrist strap hole on this phone? Awesome!!!

Forgive me, I'm a klutz. I need a wrist strap to keep me from killing my phone. Already killed a LG Optimus trying to put it away.

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Had this Epic touch for 3 days now. Love it! All around its a bad a** device! I'm an android addict. Been at it since the G1. The device is great! Ppl who are having probs , read read read. This phone is great!!

Knoidea513

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

just found out that by holding down the very top of the screen where the time, battery signal etc is located.. if you press and hold there and slide your finger left to right it enables screen brightner

mandyd78

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

Just bought this phone yesterday and am loving it so far. Coming from the evo 4g which I loved, but dropped and shattered the screen :( Anyway, I'm still getting used to a few things on the phone. I notice the keyboard isn't as easy to use as the one on the evo.

Anyway, thanks everyone for posting tips. I'm definitely going to look into saving battery life posts.

smilzmp

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

does anyone know how to recover files deleted from my phone. like pictures i took of a cheating wife.
also my phone came with a voice recorder application and i recorded something that my cheating wife deleted, is there anyway to recover that?

thank you any help would be much appreciated it.
chris

jigwashere

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

does anyone know how to recover files deleted from my phone. like pictures i took of a cheating wife.
also my phone came with a voice recorder application and i recorded something that my cheating wife deleted, is there anyway to recover that?

thank you any help would be much appreciated it.
chris

DiskDigger should work: DiskDigger Saves Deleted Photos on Your Android Device

mannee

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Is there a setting that lets you save a voice recording to the phone instead of the sd card?