Epic keeps deleting my Exchange account

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
This is a strange problem that has happened to me twice in the last two day. My Epic just deletes my Exchange account. It works fine for a while (had been fine for days) then I go to check my email and it is at the "setup email" screen with no email information saved?

Has anyone had this issue? I'm thinking it's just my device? It's rather frustrating.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Odd- not all exchange accounts are alike though. This did happen with my Pre and once with my Evo- but not a problem yet with Epic...yet.

dockramer

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem once with my Captivate. I've seen it posted around a bit and it seems like it happens with the native Samsung mail client and Exchange not with pop accounts although some may also experience it with pop accounts. It is very frustrating so I decided to use Touchdown which works quite well.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem once with my Captivate. I've seen it posted around a bit and it seems like it happens with the native Samsung mail client and Exchange not with pop accounts although some may also experience it with pop accounts. It is very frustrating so I decided to use Touchdown which works quite well.

I've been considering Touchdown- did you have to REMOVE your Exchange calendar and mail from the Epic 1st and then add touchdown- or does it not duplicate entries because it's a seperate app?

I'd like to use both if I can- but I don't want double calendar and email events.

Seriously considering touchdown. This may very well fix the original posters' issues I would think as this is a standalone app- regardless of Samsung's apps working or not- Touchdown should keep the settings and the connection. Has high reviews too. $20 is a small price to pay vs. a company blackberry plan.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been considering Touchdown- did you have to REMOVE your Exchange calendar and mail from the Epic 1st and then add touchdown- or does it not duplicate entries because it's a seperate app?

I'd like to use both if I can- but I don't want double calendar and email events.

Seriously considering touchdown. This may very well fix the original posters' issues I would think as this is a standalone app- regardless of Samsung's apps working or not- Touchdown should keep the settings and the connection. Has high reviews too. $20 is a small price to pay vs. a company blackberry plan.

It's a separate app, so you can keep the stock account if you want. Honestly though, I doubt you'll want too. Also you can use Touchdown free for 30 days. Nitrodesk guys should be paying me for recommending their app so often :p

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Cory- is there an option I'm missing to NOT synchronize contacts like the default app? I CANNOT import the company directory- I only want to support GAL lookup. I don't see an option for this.

Thanks for all your help regarding this. I don't want to screw something up and get in trouble with IT is all.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's a separate app, so you can keep the stock account if you want. Honestly though, I doubt you'll want too. Also you can use Touchdown free for 30 days. Nitrodesk guys should be paying me for recommending their app so often :p

Followed your recommendation Bro and downloaded Touchdown last night(free app trial). Connected to my Exchange instantly and after about 10 minutes synched my email, contacts and calendar. The calendar was the big one since the native exchanged client was unable to sync calendar.

So far I am very impressed with touchdown.

dockramer

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Since my exchange acct was deleted, I didnt add it back. I did not get dupes when using touchdown but the contact issue is a little complicated depending on your configuration. Since I keep my contacts on Exchange, I prefer to use Exchange as my main contact source. I deleted all of my contacts and then sync'd my Exchange contacts via Touchdown.

Touchdown is very reliable and stable

dontnoboutthisfone

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
This is a strange problem that has happened to me twice in the last two day. My Epic just deletes my Exchange account. It works fine for a while (had been fine for days) then I go to check my email and it is at the "setup email" screen with no email information saved?

Has anyone had this issue? I'm thinking it's just my device? It's rather frustrating.

Mine keeps doing the same thing!!! I have called Sprint tech support several times and they claim that they are unaware of this problem. I am just starting my Google search for this issue, but found your post and wanted you to know that you are not alone. Sprint walked me through a complete handset refresh and it lasted less than 24 hours! I have 1 account on an Exchange server and 3 POP accounts on 3 different servers, yet they all keep disappearing!!

Dameon

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My Captivate nulls all my Email accounts at random. I have an Exchange Server account, an IMAP webmail account, and Gmail. About once a week I'll click the email icon on the home screen and it takes me to the new email account setup. VERY frustrating.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't update my issues in this original thread- lots of non working email threads in the Epic forum that I've commented in.

This is a known bug!! "Corporate" email as Samsung calls it- requires something different than what our devices have currently!- you can now find a separate app setting in other Samsung devices released after ours- I believe the Galaxy Tab and Continuum. (The tab also has separate settings for Yahoo and Microsoft Hotmail and Aim as well) No idea how they'll address this in the older Galaxy S phones...but they need to. Preferably so we can still view corporate and POP IMAP in the same inbox if needed.

The only reliable thing I've found currently is plunking down $20 for Touchdown.

If you REMOVE the corporate account from your stock Mail app- the stock Mail app should be reliable- it's having the corporate account in there along with other accounts- or on it's own that will eventually wipe everything from the Mail app.

Another alternative is the K9 mail app- but I really think it looks ugly and like the stock app instead, and I do not think it works with corporate...not to the level that Touchdown does anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny