EVERYTHING you want to know about RadioShack's launch... and more.

zhens

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am not the primary account holder on my phone, and the primary account holder will not be able to be with me either of the first two days of launch. I have pre-ordered at RadioShack, and an employee told me that all I need to do is get myself listed as an authorized user on the account. I spoke with a Sprint rep today who said that all I need to do is know the PIN and Security question answer (both of which I do) to be able to upgrade.

Can I get some confirmation one way or another?

Thanks

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
:)

The Radioshack by my job had an Evo demo on hand and it wasn't that big like people made it out to be the size is nice!! The phone that is lmao 0_o!!!. My rs is opening up at 8 and I will be there before work lol.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am not the primary account holder on my phone, and the primary account holder will not be able to be with me either of the first two days of launch. I have pre-ordered at RadioShack, and an employee told me that all I need to do is get myself listed as an authorized user on the account. I spoke with a Sprint rep today who said that all I need to do is know the PIN and Security question answer (both of which I do) to be able to upgrade.

Can I get some confirmation one way or another?

Thanks

If your RS follows the rules, you need the account holder present. Unless you are buying it outright.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just want to share what i just heard from my store.

1. I confirmed my pre-order, looks like 3 of total 20, 21 pre-order, so, will be @ store 0600

2. no EVO 4G dock or mount during the release day

3. ZAGG invisibleshield offered, $14.99, screen-only i guess

4. 15% discount for accessories b4 10:00, 10% after

just one thing different from what you guys said, that $10 couple, i cannot use, since it states that it cant be combine with other discount/coupon. is that true?

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

1. I confirmed my pre-order, looks like 3 of total 20, 21 pre-order, so, will be @ store 0600

2. no EVO 4G dock or mount during the release day

3. ZAGG invisibleshield offered, $14.99, screen-only i guess

just one thing different from what you guys said, that $10 couple, i cannot use, since it states that it cant be combine with other discount/coupon. is that true?

It will be the $10 coupon or the 15% off. Can't use both.

PlainOldMike

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It will be the $10 coupon or the 15% off. Can't use both.

And the OP said:

2) on top of credit, pre-order customers will receive 15% off their wireless accessories (up to 3 of them) on the same ticket as their purchase.
3) Those that did not pre-order will receive 10% off the accessories.

So is it 15% for pre-orders or only before 10AM?
And can the $10 coupon be used for the phone and the 15% for accessories? I know the store is trying to get us out the door with as much in our hands as possible. And as a customer I'm trying to get the best deal I can. Thanks to all the RS guys on here answering us.

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
And the OP said:

And can the $10 coupon be used for the phone and the 15% for accessories? I know the store is trying to get us out the door with as much in our hands as possible. And as a customer I'm trying to get the best deal I can. Thanks to all the RS guys on here answering us.

Seriously... READ..

Shenaniguns

May 17, 2010
www.thegunvault.org
Uruuum...

Just got off the phone with my local best buy, Elk Grove, Ca. ... (I'm so excited that its hard to type) sooo. They are planning a early launch, considering either midnight, or 6 Am, and will call the people that preordered.

I'm just itching thinking about this phone.

They do not carry Sprint at that location as of 2 weeks ago and directed me to a Roseville store, you might want to get it at the Radio Shack on EG BLVD like me :cool:

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
And the OP said:

Might work. I'll get verification tomorrow.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Might work. I'll get verification tomorrow.

Thanks alot for that. I kinda concerned about that $10, cuz my store still tell me they are not sure if i can use that $10 coupon, since it's combined with another discount. so, you guys are sure i can use $10 if I give up that 15% sale off, right? if so, is that something pretty new, and not every one of all stores know that?

AmphibiousRodent

May 21, 2010
Visit site
the shack near me did not get many pre orders i was in there yesterday talking to the manager and he is gonna open at 7am for me and a few friends...bitchen!

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks alot for that. I kinda concerned about that $10, cuz my store still tell me they are not sure if i can use that $10 coupon, since it's combined with another discount. so, you guys are sure i can use $10 if I give up that 15% sale off, right? if so, is that something pretty new, and not every one of all stores know that?

You should be good to go to use both :)

evo-drum

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am getting mine from Radioshack and they said that it is mandatory activation inside the store. So that means that I cannot activate the phone myself at home? The reason I ask is because I am using the secondary line on my account's upgrade. I used my upgrade for the main line to get the secondary line the blackberry tour, and now I am using the secondary line for the EVO. This is my first time using non-Sprint for new phone, so will this be an issue? Will they give me any problems?

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I am getting mine from Radioshack and they said that it is mandatory activation inside the store. So that means that I cannot activate the phone myself at home? The reason I ask is because I am using the secondary line on my account's upgrade. I used my upgrade for the main line to get the secondary line the blackberry tour, and now I am using the secondary line for the EVO. This is my first time using non-Sprint for new phone, so will this be an issue? Will they give me any problems?

That will be a problem. We can not give you the $200 price if we try to ring an unactivated phone through our POS.

You can however have sprint do an ESN swap for you.:cool:

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
you were totally right. according to another call this morning, $10 coupon cant go forwarding to phone, but can be used on accessories. 15% sales off can be combined after $30 discount.

Ky1e.YC, I'm more confused than ever, can you explain it a little more detail, and if these statements are correct?

1. You can't use $10 survey coupon on phone purchase, only accessories.
2. You can't use $20 store credit on phone purchase, only accessories.
3. You can however use both $10 and $20 together on accessories, plus 15% if you buy the accessories before 10am?
4. If you buy the accessories after 9am, there won't be 15% discount, instead it will be 10% discount. But you can still use the $10 and $20 combined (total $30) for accessories.
5. You can have the accessories ring up the same ticket as the phone?

Is that pretty close? please correct / add if you can, thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85