EVO 3D takes forever to charge

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys this is my first Android device and I have to say I am loving my EVO 3D more than anyone should. I had a question because it seems as though it takes forever for my EVO 3D to charge. Even when I turn off 4G, Wifi, GPS and have all apps killed via Task Manager it takes a while for it to get a good charge. Is this typical? Are there any other things I should do to foster a faster charge? Thanks!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys this is my first Android device and I have to say I am loving my EVO 3D more than anyone should. I had a question because it seems as though it takes forever for my EVO 3D to charge. Even when I turn off 4G, Wifi, GPS and have all apps killed via Task Manager it takes a while for it to get a good charge. Is this typical? Are there any other things I should do to foster a faster charge? Thanks!
Thread already on subject
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/96315-weird-battery-bug-cant-reach-100-a.html

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The more current supplied the faster it will charge. What charger are you using?

Reactions: Keith Patrick

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I read that thread but it doesn't address my question: Why it takes so long for my EVO 3D to charge. I am new to posting threads. Is my question best asked in the "Weird Battery Bug" thread even though it is based upon the phone's ability to not overcharge the battery?

The link posted is for a thread of a different topic than your question - you're fine where you are :)

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I read that thread but it doesn't address my question: Why it takes so long for my EVO 3D to charge. I am new to posting threads. Is my question best asked in the "Weird Battery Bug" thread even though it is based upon the phone's ability to not overcharge the battery?
That falls into thread.
Users have posted in that thread that their having long charge to get at 100% , Getting to 100% then dropping to 96% while still on charger etc
Now to your question,
Its a bug affecting 3D in different ways on charge there nothing wrong with your device HTC is going to release patch

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The link posted is for a thread of a different topic than your question - you're fine where you are :)

Not to knock you but the other thread kind of answers his question.. Battery charging time is, if I remember right, 3 - 3.5 hours with all things off. But the issue is you may only be at 99% the next 1 % can take nearly an hour to tick up to 100% and green light. If he is waiting for green light then it will seem to take a long time but a battery widget that will tell you the batteries mV will let you know that it was fully charged long before green light, and actually with my battery at least has started discharging before it shows green light

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The more current supplied the faster it will charge. What charger are you using?
I have been using a Motorolla charger because it has a longer cord. I think you are on to something here. Next time I will use the HTC charger it came with and I will post the results. Many thanks!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been using a Motorolla charger because it has a longer cord. I think you are on to something here. Next time I will use the HTC charger it came with and I will post the results. Many thanks!

Oh well duh yeah you have to check the outputs of your charger the 3VO takes a 1 Amp out put where as most other phone chargers are .75 Amps...

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's the problem. I was using the one for my Kindle & it was taking forever. I changed to the supplied charger & it is much faster; it puts out 1A.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ah Ha....was just wondering the same, looking at my battery graph and the charging is a very low slope. Never realized a new charger would pull more juice but I guess it happens with progress of charging/battery/software capabilities.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I also notice my uptime and awake time are the same. I believe that means the device is not correctly sleeping? Who remembers/has recently done a fix like this? I know I have read about it but never paid attention to what the procedure was.