Evo 4G 30 FPS Limit for 02 Hardware is Uncapped, they got it to 53, XDA does it again

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
DIRECTIONS FROM XDA:

grab ROM Manager from the market and flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then click install from SD Card, click the zip, then choose to backup current ROM, DON'T WIPE ANYTHING, then click ok.

Makes sense if you have gone through the process of rooting your phone.
If you didn't, I wouldn't be surprised if you're scratching your head, heh.

So I'm guessing kernels overlap ROMs... you can have a kernel over a rom, but not two roms over each other.

I'm on my stock rooted rom. I wonder if I should go ahead and do this.
Oh, and props to XDA. What a great little crew they got there. They remind me of the Pre and WebOS Internals.

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Guys, these are experimental. They break the camera and have other stability issues. IF you are going to apply these then do so at your own risk and back your crap up. I am waiting until the XDA guys get something alittle more stable. I don't mind bugs, but features that don't work is a a problem.

etexans82

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
this is very upsetting. My camera footage sucks on this phone. The audio is completly horrible! I can't even listen to the audio on my recordings. How do they expect to compete when they miss the ball on these basic things! I love the phone but this breaks my heart and really makes me want to return it. People are snapping photos and recording mini videos on their phones everyday and when you see someone elses quality WAY better than yours you get upset! Could it aleast be close? No even close!

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
doesn't work on my device.

*EDIT* NVM...it started working all of sudden after I removed somethings from my homescreen. I was swiping the screens and things felt to smooth and I tested again and it was working.

Last edited:

ronron23#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I flashed it twice, and somehow it still ends up going back to 30fps. for a while it was up there in the high 40's getting into the 50's.

Check later and its locked on 30fps. After that I couldn't get it to work again.

The trade off isnt worth it to me. 15 more fps on average, for a broken camera.

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I flashed it twice, and somehow it still ends up going back to 30fps. for a while it was up there in the high 40's getting into the 50's.

Check later and its locked on 30fps. After that I couldn't get it to work again.

The trade off isnt worth it to me. 15 more fps on average, for a broken camera.

that extra frames make the Evo screen swiping just like the Heros which is smooth. But like you I need my camera also. Hopefully they are working on getting it to work with the camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans