EVO 4G boot loop - SAVE MY CONTACTS!!

cainlinville

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm a NOOB, and of course my sprint evo 4g is in a loop. Reading about this problem has been enlightening, to say the least. My phone Gets hung up at 4g screen, then recycles. I've done the basic things, including pulling the battery when I get to the red triangle without success. I refuse to put it in the freezer. I CAN get into recovery from there (where it gives the option to use SD card...) by doing vol UP and power.

I cannot/will not factory reset. I, like so many others, ashamedly did not back up my contacts. I HAVE to have my contacts. After doing some reading on this, and other sites, I believe it can be done, I just don't have the savvy to do it myself. To be honest, I don't care about the phone. I just need to pull the contacts, and any other info I can, off of it, and then I'll punt it into the nearest river and I'll go get a new one.

I've never rooted my phone (didn't even know what it was until last night). Here's my settings after I do vol DOWN and power
Locked oow
Supersonic EVT3 Ship S-On
Hboot-2.18.0001
Microp-041f
Touch panel ATMEL224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.12.19
Dec 21 2011, 12:50:32

One fairly simple solution seems to be the following, but, as I said, I will not do a factory reset, so I want to make sure before I proceed, or see if any of you guys have other solutions...

well actually if you can get into hboot then we can try and install a recovery. it might have gotten corrupted.
you can get the recovery here:pC36IMG RA 2.3.zip
here are the instructions:
1.download the file.
2.rename the file by erasing the "_RA_2.3" part of the name so that it is only named PC36IMG. make sure not to add ".zip" to the name as windows hides extensions.
3.transfer the file to the root (that means not in any folder) of the sd card.
4.power off (you most likely need to uncheck fastboot. settings/apps/uncheck fastboot.) then press and hold power+vol down.
5.hboot should see the file and select yes to update.
6.select no to reboot because we want to go into recovery and make a nandroid backup.
7.select recovery.
8.select backup and restore and select backup
9. select the first three and wimax. the other partitions do not need to be backed up. always keep one nandroid backup with wimax keys backed up on your computer.
10.now you can reboot.

Here's the quick link in case anyone wants to read the surrounding posts
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-...boot-loop.html

Again, I'm not as concerned about getting the phone to reboot as I am in pulling the info from it. I'm not rooted, so based on what I've read I cannot use adb. So, could anyone who knows how to do this PLEASE help me out? If all I have to do is the above, great. I will be truly grateful for any help. Thanks

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
You know, that's a tough one. They are usually stored on the phone, and not the SD Card...but I don't know if you're rooted, and if you moved all that to your SD cared or not. Pull the Sd and see if you can get the phone to boot. If you can, then go to your contacts, and save them ALL as Google contacts. Wish I could help, but without the phone being here, I'm stumped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe