EVO and Movies

70roadrunner

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to connect my EVO to a TV to show video or movies off it. When I try to mount the SD card to play a movie... It tells me can access media while SD card is mounted ... I'm sure it's something simple I've over looked

As always ..Thanks for your time

jlboom

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to connect my EVO to a TV to show video or movies off it. When I try to mount the SD card to play a movie... It tells me can access media while SD card is mounted ... I'm sure it's something simple I've over looked

As always ..Thanks for your time

You can't be connected to the computer via USB in "Connected" or whatever it says when you want to swap files. You can connect and be in charging mode however. Try that hope it helps!

Edit: Nevermind I can't read. I'm sure it's a connection setting, I just never used it so I'm of no use. :( Sorry!

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You can't access anything on the sd card through the Evo if you've selected "disk drive" when connecting the usb cable. However, once connected, you can use your pc to browse to the video you want to watch and watch it on your pc screen. If you want to watch and access something directly from the Evo on a bigger screen, you'll need to use a micro hdmi cable.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
70roadrunner, you don't mention what cable you're trying to use. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING A USB CABLE to connect to a TV. Like Pookie said you need a micro HDMI cable. MICRO, not MINI, btw.