Evo capping all graphics to 30FPS:The reason why graphics performance sucks right now

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps it was done to conserve battery? Personally I don't mind ... I didn't buy the phone for frames per second!

soldierblue

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I knew something was off the from the moment I bought it. I kept telling myself there's no way this phone is that slow.

I'm sure any battery difference is negligible.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No, the 30fps cap has nothing to do with it. Sprint TV just looks bad.

In fact, I doubt many people here actually care about the 30fps cap, that is, if they weren't told they'd never know.

Movies play at 24fps, and TV at 30fps (progressive). Most console games now target 30fps. This is not nearly as much of an issue as everyone wants it to be, except for those benchmark junkies who want their numbers to be higher.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Why would HTC design this with such a great phone, if more fps take a bit more out of battery then i will go buy big battery. Not a problem.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone played any 3D games on the EVO yet? How is the smoothness on it? Any lock ups or freezing. 30 fps is important to gaming and 3D gaming, like Need For Speed and stuff and all of those type of games.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone played any 3D games on the EVO yet? How is the smoothness on it? Any lock ups or freezing. 30 fps is important to gaming and 3D gaming, like Need For Speed and stuff and all of those type of games.

Not any lockups or freezing, but keep in mind that ALL Snapdragon phones (think Nexus One, EVO) have slower GPUs than TI OMAP cpus (think Droid, Pre), and thus will not achieve as strong of framerate. Mostly the 30fps cap is irrelevant anyway as many 3D games barely reach 30fps in the first place.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok , I also know that the Droid caps out at 30, are the Droid users also complaining about this? If 30 is not such a big deal why are people complaining? Please explain.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I did notice once I got my evo that the scrolling is not as smooth as my ipod touch. Doesn't affect me from a usage standpoint but it is annoying.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I lag on all the 3d games I play. Scrolling isn't that smooth either.

My palm pre plays much smoother than my evo.
I hope it gers fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej