EVO LTE reviews (latest: GSM Arena 5/20)

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Add this one:

HTC Evo 4G LTE review | The Verge

Reading it now....but it sounds everyone likes the look of the glossy and matte, but complains of finger prints. I hope someone makes skins for the back part.

just finished reading it. I hope they are wrong about the battery or there's a bug. otherwise the battery life is horrible.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO LTE reviews

meh they got the phone 24 hours ago.....I don't know how one can accurately test the battery AND review the phone.

Wait for Andantech's review for proper battery tests imo. My windows Phone i use now can easily last a day and a 1/2 with very moderate use, but if i'm using the phone often goes right to that 10 hour mark quite easily.

Its all on use case. In the video review he says you should be able to get a day out of it easily.

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

A lot of complaints by site reviews for the current lack of LTE from Sprint. I could understand but there making it seem like the phone isn't without it. When the EVO 4g was released, NYC didn't officially see Wimax for another 3-4 months, I was perfectly fine with it, still fine now, I only really have the 4G on when I'm outside, the Hell with most of these Android hating sites

decke003

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

It really is appearing like sprint should have restricted the review release to a later date like AT&T did.

With no restrictions, these clowns are rushing reviews out the door, without being thorough, and possibly damaging the phones image.

evo-drum

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Kind of like the "the verge" website upon first visit, and really believed there review until they started degrading the battery life.... When it is oviously the same phone as the one x. That kind of made me not take them serious, but then again it is a review, which at the end of the day is there opinion.....

Kind of tired of "this phone wil be beast when sprint gets there network together" o_0 -- #whack

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site

A lot of complaints by site reviews for the current lack of LTE from Sprint. I could understand but there making it seem like the phone isn't without it. When the EVO 4g was released, NYC didn't officially see Wimax for another 3-4 months, I was perfectly fine with it, still fine now, I only really have the 4G on when I'm outside, the Hell with most of these Android hating sites
Verge didn't really hate on the phone....they gave it an 8.4 lol but you DO have to mention the fact you can't access the network yet....it would be shoddy reporting if not. I don't agree with Engadget not recommending it until its up....but it is a bit different now rather than before because Verizon and AT&T both have a robust LTE network up already.

It really is appearing like sprint should have restricted the review release to a later date like AT&T did.

With no restrictions, these clowns are rushing reviews out the door, without being thorough, and possibly damaging the phones image.

I agree on the battery front for sure...if you still need to run the proper battery tests then you should not be putting up your final review yet.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Like lets take the battery part:
The One X has great battery life, so the fact that the Evo has an even larger 2,000mAh battery than its sibling (and no LTE to worry about) gave me great hope for its longevity. Unfortunately, I found that even getting a full day from the Evo took some finesse. Consider: I unplugged the phone at 4:15am, used it a bit on the way to the airport, turned it off on the plane until about 9, then streamed music through Rdio for about 40 minutes and did some browsing and tweeting from the device, with brightness at about 40 percent. By noon, I was down to 25 percent battery. We're running our official test now for more comparable results, but though in practice you should be able to get a full day's use from the phone with some battery TLC (and a lower brightness setting), I'm still a little underwhelmed with its performance.

Did he even get a chance to full discharge the battery and recharge it before getting on a plane from New Orleans?

Its a shoddy battery judgement IMO....you simply shouldn't review battery life in such a short time.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Decent review from the verge. I don't know why he compares the camera to dedicated cameras tho. He should be comparing it to other cellphones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Also to add...the reviewer responded to my questioning of the battery....figured i'd share with you guys:
5-11-201212-28-05PM.png

I'm hoping it was just a software/connectivity issue. I have excellent service where i live and work...but we'll see as more reviews come out:

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
My review...

To those awaiting Sprint to send yet another exciting but informationless email,

Badass.

Signed,

Deputy Bubble Buster

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh and Skinomi.com already has Skins out, ordered mine yesterday.

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Didn't check on the status yet, expecting it to say that "They will try to get it to me before others get their hands on it". Haha

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

i think phil mentioned that he will be using the phone while he's on vacation. this will be a good test for the phone i think.

carlos516x

May 11, 2012
Visit site

I don't get these reviews regarding the camera on the phone. Engadget claims the camera is great and the verge says the camera is mediocre. Most of the ATT One X reviews about the camera have been positive. Why are some reviewers impressed and others say it isn't any special. weird...

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't get these reviews regarding the camera on the phone. Engadget claims the camera is great and the verge says the camera is mediocre. Most of the ATT One X reviews about the camera have been positive. Why are some reviewers impressed and others say it isn't any special. weird...

The resultant photo quality of a camera is very much dependant on the skill of the photographer. A duffer can get sub par results from the best cameras and lenses made.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: carlos516x

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

The Verge editor says it's one of the best phone cameras he's used, and yet that doesn't seem to be enough for him.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site

The Verge editor says it's one of the best phone cameras he's used, and yet that doesn't seem to be enough for him.

I think many are waiting on the camera to finally eclipse the iPhone 4...which out of the box, shot for shot...imo...is the best overall camera.

But he does say the HTC camera SOFTWARE is the best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans