Exchange push changed to manual and still at top of battery stat, why?

A

AC Question

exchange push changed to manual and still at top of battery stat

Yesterday on my gs5, in attempt to save juice, I changed my stock email push to manual for both my gmail and hotmail accounts. I have a few questions. I also set both my web based gmail and hotmail accounts to fwd my email to my sms email domain so my email is sent to (my number) at tmomailnet.Thus, I get alerts when I have an email and then can go and manually grab them. However, my master sync is still turned on for everything.

First, today, I still got a few emails come through automatically even though push is off. Is that normal?

Also, Exchange services all day today was first or second place on my battery stats, and showed under total connection time that it was connected about 30% of the time., even though under my running services in settings, both the email and exchange ram usage are very minimal, less than 10mb each. Why is it still so high in my battery stats, with push turned off? Before changing push to manual, I usually had: 1. Android system and 2. Screen before exchange services under my battery stats. In fact, exchange was usually not even in the top 5. What could be the cause of this? So far all I have done is clear my email and exchange cache and it has had no affect. The odd part about this is I'm still getting excellent battery life. It has improved. I'm about 1 hour screen time per 10% battery usage. I keep my screen pretty dim, which I think has made the biggest difference. However, it still seems like exchange should not be so high up on my battery stats list, especially with pushed turned off.

Finally, are there anymore email clients that offer sms alerts when you have new mail in your inbox? Gmail and outlook discontinued that feature, and I'd rather use that than having my email fwd to my tmomailnet, which comes through as a very long mms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej