Expected Price Range of the Note 8?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Duh... looked right past that possibility! Damned... you think I'm hyped for something new?
It's ok mate, we all get a little excited and lose our mind from time to time😲

My wife gets upset with me because of the excitement I have towards my phone, I guess I could call it jealous and I can totally understand, but I cannot help myself at times🤗

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
There is absolutely no way it would be in $850 or $899 range when the S8+ is $850.

I bet initial price rumors were correct and Samsung wanted to charge more than they do now on the S8 because the S8 cost about $50 more to build than last yeas S7 but a $800/$900 S8/S8+ would have been a tough sell imo.

If they get the specs right on this Note 8, dual cameras, under glass sensor, etc... $950 minimum.

Look at the 64gb S8 they sell in Asia.... $1000+

As far as Apple having the guts to charge $900+... really has to take in perspective...
the 32gb 7+ @ $769 is less than the S8+ and pretty much the same price as S8.
the 128gb 7+ @ $869 is $20 more than the S8+ with 128GB. Again the 64gb Asian S8+ is $1000+
Whose prices are really ludicrous when laid out like that?

Honestly I find it hard to stomach any phone over $700-$750 regardless of manufacturer.

I am curious what the iPhone 8 will be priced at... and if it does have rumored Apple Pen support like their iPad Pro... it will be a head to head with Note 8.

I hope that $1,100 is Canadian dollars lol. Otherwise, you would get better value purchasing a MacBook Pro haha ??????

Still sticking with my previous guess of $899 USD. Really don't think Sammy is going to go any higher than that. That $9xx range is dangerous territory. Only Apple has the guts to charge those ludicrous prices.

Even $849 would be a much better price.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I believe Samsung has gone a little too far with pricing and needs to bring it back down by about 100 bucks. I know this doesn't sound right but their s line is now more expensive than apple's offerings. Samsung' devices may be more advanced and cost Samsung more to produce but that note 8 needs to come in at 849 if they want any chance at going up against the iPhone 8-x or whatever they name it. Then again what do I know I'm just a consumer.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Compared to S8/S8+: more RAM, more internal storage, S Pen + digitizer, fingerprint scanner embedded in the screen, possibly UFS card slot (backwards compatible with Micro SD).

My guess: $999 US retail (before taxes & carrier discounts/incentives).

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I believe Samsung has gone a little too far with pricing and needs to bring it back down by about 100 bucks. I know this doesn't sound right but their s line is now more expensive than apple's offerings. Samsung' devices may be more advanced and cost Samsung more to produce but that note 8 needs to come in at 849 if they want any chance at going up against the iPhone 8-x or whatever they name it. Then again what do I know I'm just a consumer.

I agree with you 1000%. Sammy keeps raising the price, and people keep buying. A $1200.00 to $1400.00 Note 8 or Note 9 is not out of the question. All it would take is people NOT buying the Note 8, and the price would drop like a rock.:p

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I agree with you 1000%. Sammy keeps raising the price, and people keep buying. A $1200.00 to $1400.00 Note 8 or Note 9 is not out of the question. All it would take is people NOT buying the Note 8, and the price would drop like a rock.:p
Er sorry, you can only agree between 0 - 100% . I agree with you 100% by the way, but an extra $100 or so would not be a deal breaker for me if I really wanted it.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Er sorry, you can only agree between 0 - 100% . I agree with you 100% by the way, but an extra $100 or so would not be a deal breaker for me if I really wanted it.

And therein lies the problem. Some people will pay $1500 or more for a phone, so I can't blame Sammy, or any other phone company for raising their prices.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
The phone pricing will plateau, jut like old school computers did. You guys are the gaming computer guys of today
Your chasing specs and after awhile pricing is irrelevant. I mean this in a good way, but I've seen this before with hot electronics.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
And therein lies the problem. Some people will pay $1500 or more for a phone, so I can't blame Sammy, or any other phone company for raising their prices.
It's called personal choice! I'm not "blaming" any company as such, it's a market economy. If you can't afford it or don't like it then don't buy it. Credit card companies do quite well I'm sure😊

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The phone pricing will plateau, jut like old school computers did. You guys are the gaming computer guys of today
Your chasing specs and after awhile pricing is irrelevant. I mean this in a good way, but I've seen this before with hot electronics.

I don't believe that they're anywhere near the plateau, especially with the Note 8. There are thousands of die hard Note fans out there, and they can't wait for the new Note, especially after the Note 7 fiasco. That's the good part. The bad part is how much they are willing to pay. Personal choice is what drives the marketplace, but i don't see the end of the road for a long time.:p

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe that they're anywhere near the plateau, especially with the Note 8. There are thousands of die hard Note fans out there, and they can't wait for the new Note, especially after the Note 7 fiasco. That's the good part. The bad part is how much they are willing to pay. Personal choice is what drives the marketplace, but i don't see the end of the road for a long time.:p

The better these phones get the longer people will go before replacing. That's when the price wars start. They all have shareholders.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The better these phones get the longer people will go before replacing. That's when the price wars start. They all have shareholders.

Sorry, but I disagree. We're living in the "Isheep" era. When the next latest & greatest model comes out, people will upgrade.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but I disagree. We're living in the "Isheep" era. When the next latest & greatest model comes out, people will upgrade.

Up to a point. I went thru this with pentium chips 20 years ago. Same thing with flat screen tv's. I agree about Apple but even that will peak pricewise. The only thing that has continued to go up is cars. There will always be flagship phones but until AI becomes a mainstream reality, smartphones are going to hit a wall both tech and price.
For the large majority the real value is in the camera tech. My wife being a prime example.
Could care less about amounts of ram or pixel density. Imho

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I think it's a toss up - I believe the iSheep comment is true for the iSheep Crowd (meaning the Apple folks) but I believe the Android folks, at least I myself, am a bit more discerning like 'Ejjba' stated - I'm not going to jump unless Samsung does something to impress me. I loved my Note 7 and they took the damned thing away - I've been slogging along with an S7 Active ever since waiting for the Note 8, but if the Note 8 doesn't live up to what we (I), the buying public were expecting as a follow up to the Note 7, then I'm not buying! I really don't like the S8/S8+ either so if anything, I may see what the new S8 Active looks like when it's introduced and go that way? I am NOT an iSheep!

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree. The point of all this price. What might be worthwhile at $800 may not be worth it at $1100 or whatever. Unless something totally new comes along a wall will be hit

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
OK guys, I hear you. Let's use the Note 8 as an example. Many Note people want, and to a certain degree, expect, lots of different hardware in the new Note. Now, that being said, I believe that even if they don't get all that they want, they will buy the new Note 8, just because it's the Note 8, and then wait for the Note 9, hoping that maybe then they will get the hardware that they didn't get in the Note 8. Listen, I'm no Apple fanboy, but Steve Jobs hit it on the head. "Don't give the people what they want, give them PART of what they want, and keep them hoping". Absolutely brilliant strategy!!!!

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
The apple strategy is okay for now but everything reaches a top perceived value. The best tech example is Microsoft. Very similar position 20 years ago as Apple today, as a matter of fact they loaned Apple money to stay in business. Between their windows and office programs , it was never going to end. (I made a fortune on their stock)
All things alas come to a new reality. In the case of Microsoft it was the Internet. And free programs.
Same will happen with $1000 phones.
Everything will be planted in my grandchildrens head. They will laugh at smartphones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK guys, I hear you. Let's use the Note 8 as an example. Many Note people want, and to a certain degree, expect, lots of different hardware in the new Note. Now, that being said, I believe that even if they don't get all that they want, they will buy the new Note 8, just because it's the Note 8, and then wait for the Note 9, hoping that maybe then they will get the hardware that they didn't get in the Note 8. Listen, I'm no Apple fanboy, but Steve Jobs hit it on the head. "Don't give the people what they want, give them PART of what they want, and keep them hoping". Absolutely brilliant strategy!!!!

That is a common conspiracy theory .. But no one has one shred of evidence to back it up. If it was that relevant I would think a leak or two would have happened by now ;).

As for the whole "iSheep" thing .. I say that term is way overused and overrated. People who like Android act like they aren't like them. They mock iPhone people yet do the exact same thing when it comes to the next latest and greatest Android device. I have seen plenty "I will not upgrade because this phone I have is THE BEST" .. Of course it is because next years model isn't out. It comes out and then I see "well I mean .. this one has .. like 1 mAh battery more so .. that is worth $900 again" (not really that extreme but you get the idea).

So I say let's drop the whole "iSheep" crowd when Android people are just as bad lol.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Apple, Android, doesn't matter a ceiling for the masses will be hit
So let it be written, so let it be done
Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikkhan222143