Extended Battery now available

t9giese

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can find an extended battery cover? I lost mine. Verizon's website only lists the standard battery cover.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd give them a call. 1-866-894-6848 Apparently they have more items then what is depicted, so they might have a cover to sell you.

I think this is the number(?):01014874001 doesn't look like a MOTO number though...

I just did a quick search on Amazon and didn't find it.

If you use a case then I don't know how necessary it is. It looks like there are interlocks incorporated into the back, but my X works just fine without it, but I still use the back.

Last edited:

t9giese

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You can't buy an extended battery door from Verizon. Motorola has them for $12.99 + $4 shipping.

(800) 734-5870

The main reason I bought the extended battery was because I had just lost the standard door when it came out. Yesterday I got the standard replacement door for $4.99 + free next day shipping but it doesn't have enough capacity for my use.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any issues with the extended battery door being loose? I barely take mine off but it looks like one side is becoming wiggly and loose.

Anyone know if I could weasel one away from VZW (where I got the extended battery) or should I just call Motorola and get a replacement for 15 bucks?

Thanks!

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any issues with the extended battery door being loose? I barely take mine off but it looks like one side is becoming wiggly and loose.

Anyone know if I could weasel one away from VZW (where I got the extended battery) or should I just call Motorola and get a replacement for 15 bucks?

Thanks!

My battery door is loose too.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My battery door is loose too.

Ok, so a little update on the loose battery door.

Mine wiggled like there was no tomorrow and felt like it would come off pretty easily. It also squeaked a little and you could almost depress it (at least it felt like it) on the part that curves towards the camera.

I went into Verizon to ask them if this was normal or if I could get a replacement. Of course the always helpful reps there took one look at it, said it was fine, and sent me out the door in about 3 seconds.

I then proceeded to order a replacement door from Motorola, got it in a few days, just put it on, and it is SNUG. Definitely a different fit and feel as opposed to the original one. I'll have to give it a few days, but right now this thing feels a million times better. I would recommend to anyone having issues with the door to order one from Motorola. It's roughly $16-18 shipped, so a little pricey, but it's worth it to save from the daily annoyance.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The verizon extended battery for the droid x is 1930 mAh. Does any one know anything about it? Is it just as good or better than the seidio 1750?
Thanks in advance.

I have the verzion verison with added door and won't go back to a regular battery again. I can go from 7am to 11pm before I hit 20 percent with moderate to heavy use.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at those and I was wondering the same thing. I so like the clear/black case I got from VZW.

From some of the pictures I've seen, it doesn't seem like it would but the again, the added thickness of the battery is not that much. It's like putting a credit card back there.

bigdaddynyy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Anybody able to fit there droid x with the extended battery and door with the Seidio innocase surface?

I tried this combo, but the case would not stay completely snapped closed on the side with the usb port, and eventually throughout the day the case would pop open. I just went to the verizon store today and picked up the dual cover (black silicone sides with a clear hard back) which seems to fit perfectly with the extended battery and so far it seems to work with the Innocase Surface holster. It is not a perfect fit as the bottom does have to be pushed in a little, and then is sticks slightly when removing, but it is the best combo case/holster I have found when using the extended battery without going to the bulk of the Otterbox or Seidio Rugged. If anyone has a better option, please let me know. I am considering the glossy silicone case from verizon with the surface holster but that case seemed to pull more with the extended battery, so I took the dual case for now, but I think the glossy fit better in the holster. I wish the Seidio Active would fit with the extended battery without putting too much pressure on the battery door.