External SD

Watson6280

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I am 54 years old and new to Smartphones. I have a Samsung galaxy express 3, and based on other reports, I have used too much internal storage. I got an external memory card ( 64 GB ). I am not sure I have moved, deleted, saved anything from my phone. My internal storage is about maxed out 7.49 of 8.0. From what I can see the other file is full. What is "other file" ? Do I need to go to the AT&T Store and get them to help me. I am so confused.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. You cannot move all forms of data to an SD card. Music, photos, video files are the biggest. Documents and data storage for some apps are also possible, but the app has to support external storage.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am 54 years old and new to Smartphones. I have a Samsung galaxy express 3, and based on other reports, I have used too much internal storage. I got an external memory card ( 64 GB ). I am not sure I have moved, deleted, saved anything from my phone. My internal storage is about maxed out 7.49 of 8.0. From what I can see the other file is full. What is "other file" ? Do I need to go to the AT&T Store and get them to help me. I am so confused.

Welcome to the forums. Did you see the replies from @PJRed2008 and @jasonandrews25788?

Can you post a photo of the storage stats from either Settings>storage or the app that @jasonandrews25788 suggested?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since your post was more of a question than an intro, I moved it from the Introductions forum to the General Help forum.

As mentioned above, it would be helpful to see a screenshot of Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html.

The "Other" category in the Settings>Storage menu can be very vague, and the data there isn't necessarily useless -- so don't rush to delete anything there.

8 GB of internal storage is very little these days, and doesn't allow you to install much on the phone. If you're looking into a new phone, it's advisable to get 16 GB at a bare minimum, and preferably 32 GB. See the tips here to help maximize what little internal storage you have: https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...y-how-deal-insufficient-storage-warnings.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen