Question External-Storage: Apps that cannot be backed up to USB

bent fender

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
It's my first rodeo with a smart phone, it's an Android Flip5g. I've just read all kinds of rationale about why some app config or user data cannot be backed up, some of it makes sense but only in cases of paths outside user-God's reach and control (clouds and other such horrors). First of all, user-God is the one person who can decide what to do with changes that user-God has made, including config changes and data which are user-God's work and property. I don't know what the score is on this so think of the statement as more of a question. Secundo, if any app does not let a backup be made of any part of the whole then that should invariably and up-front be made known to user-God so that user-God can decide whether to grant that app space on the device at all or under what conditions. I just read (elsewhere) about this and would first want to know which apps on my device involve such limitations, where and how can I find out? Are such apps flagged in any way as they certainly should be?

bent fender

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
> Which model flip ? Samsung flip 5?

The phone is a Samsung Z-Flip5G

> Sorry I'm not following you on what you're trying to ask ?

First I want to know how to identify apps, or app configs or app data which cannot be backed up (to External USB in my case)?

> Your other 2 threads have been deleted
Should I not have been advised of any deletion and the reason for it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so Samsung Z flip 5 , nice choice!

What portable USBC your using?

Going off what I'm seeing with threads you created just feeling you out that your not trolling/spamming/ etc..
For right now like to get a feel for you so we can stick to this thread if everything fine then going forward no worries as a newbie we just take precautions here.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can recommend a good solution for backing things up by using Samsung smart switch PC
Or going into settings>accounts and backup >external storage transfer function

bent fender

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
I can recommend a good solution for backing things up by using Samsung smart switch PC
Or going into settings>accounts and backup >external storage transfer function
I haven't tried Samsung Smart yet, using Linux only. Done abot a doizen BackupToUsb-Reset-RecoverFromUsb cycles for practice, maybe a dozen more to go as I basically write my own manual of necessity. There are apparently (too many) unpublished details to nail down.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I haven't tried Samsung Smart yet, using Linux only. Done abot a doizen BackupToUsb-Reset-RecoverFromUsb cycles for practice, maybe a dozen more to go as I basically write my own manual of necessity. There are apparently (too many) unpublished details to nail down.
Yeah definitely look into what I mentioned both are good ways

bent fender

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
It's my first rodeo with a smart phone, it's an Android Flip5g. I've just read all kinds of rationale about why some app config or user data cannot be backed up, some of it makes sense but only in cases of paths outside user-God's reach and control (clouds and other such horrors). First of all, user-God is the one person who can decide what to do with changes that user-God has made, including config changes and data which are user-God's work and property. I don't know what the score is on this so think of the statement as more of a question. Secundo, if any app does not let a backup be made of any part of the whole then that should invariably and up-front be made known to user-God so that user-God can decide whether to grant that app space on the device at all or under what conditions. I just read (elsewhere) about this and would first want to know which apps on my device involve such limitations, where and how can I find out? Are such apps flagged in any way as they certainly should be?

So, anybody know how I can find out what apps or their configs or their (my!) data will not be backed up in a Backup to external USB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana