Facebook push notifications not showing up after using Device Maintenance (Galaxy S7)

AndroidTerry

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I've come across an issue that has me completely stumped. I recently bought a Galaxy S7. Out of the box, it had Android 7.0 on it. So I did the initial setup, then installed all the available updates, one of which was the upgrade to Android 8.0(Oreo).

I use Facebook quite a bit and for the first couple days I was getting pretty much every push notification possible. Everything from likes, posts, friend requests, etc. Which is what I prefer. However, I tried some of the items under Device Maintenance, such as the "Optimize Now" button, the "Clean Now" button under storage, and the "Clean Now" button under memory.

Immediately after doing this I stopped getting the regular Facebook push notifications, although every once in a long while I will get one, usually when I'm asleep. I tried disabling the app, which apparently restores it to the factory version. After reinstalling the latest version, the notifications still don't come through. Notifications are enabled for the app, and every notification type is enabled.

I don't know why simply using Device Maintenance would cause this problem and I'm dumbfounded as to why even after reinstalling the app, the problem persists. I'm not sure which action caused it to do this, but it just doesn't make sense. Being that I've owned the phone for less than a week, I'm almost tempted to do a factory reset to see if that fixes the problem. Does any have any suggestions as to what it could be?

Also, please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum as I don't know if this is a Facebook issue or an Android issue, going by the symptoms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays